Doesn't seem to be a lot going on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow!
All of the sudden, this forum has kind of gone quiet. Doesn't seem to be a lot going on in here during the month of December. I see that some Swampers are going to invade Scuba Toys on the 10th, Dec. I see that SI Scuba is doing a Poker Run at CSSP on Dec. 18. Other than that, it doesn't look like a whole lot.

Does this mean that everybody is just (1) fatigued, (2) bored or (3) scared by the cold water? Personally, I might be scrambling to look for a dive opportunity next weekend (Dec. 10) except I can't decide if I want to dip into that cold water or not.

I've been busy with Christmas Dee-Rag orders. Other than that, mostly bored!

Dee:
I've been busy with Christmas Dee-Rag orders. Other than that, mostly bored!

Hi Dee,
Have you heard when TL is going to be open up for divng again and also what have you heard was the reason for the shutdown?

Thanks in advance
Dave

I have been busy at the shop. Looking forward to my Cayman Aggressor trip in just 19 days!!!!

John, at this point Sat. looks ok for me (unless we go to wives company holiday party---hmmm).....maybe Travis or Stillhouse Hollow,,,would be in a warmer part of the state---lol......???

Teknadv3x:
Hi Dee,
Have you heard when TL is going to be open up for divng again and also what have you heard was the reason for the shutdown?

Thanks in advance
Dave

No, I haven't heard anything. We haven't been to the lake in a few months, before it was closed. Phone calls haven't been returned.

Went out to the lake this weekend to Richards and was happy with the outcome. My buddy and I were the only ones there until UT showed up in the afternoon. We made a couple of dives and did not run into anyone. The vis was running about 15 feet above 60 feet and about 5-10 below 100. Temp was consistent as well.

All in all it was a good day of diving.

L

richerso:
Wow!
All of the sudden, this forum has kind of gone quiet. Doesn't seem to be a lot going on in here during the month of December. I see that some Swampers are going to invade Scuba Toys on the 10th, Dec. I see that SI Scuba is doing a Poker Run at CSSP on Dec. 18. Other than that, it doesn't look like a whole lot.

Does this mean that everybody is just (1) fatigued, (2) bored or (3) scared by the cold water? Personally, I might be scrambling to look for a dive opportunity next weekend (Dec. 10) except I can't decide if I want to dip into that cold water or not.

Anyone dive the Comal in the winter? I thought I read some where that the water temp
stays at 72deg.

colt:
Anyone dive the Comal in the winter? I thought I read some where that the water temp
stays at 72deg.

Yes the temp stays around 72 degrees year round...as does the San Marcos River.. got in the river a couple of weekends ago wasn't too bad but I did have a wetsuit on.

I know there was talk about Aquarea a few weeks ago. I think I talked my buddy into get cert. to dive at Aquarena but it will probably be Feburary before we do that. Since either one or both of us is busy for the next few months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom