Do you think this can pass visual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's wrong with sanding a tank?
By hand sanding no one is going to remove steel...
flap wheel on a grinder definitely no.
I would use a wire wheel. Prime it with good primer than paint it. Done.
If inside is good of course...
If you don't want it I'll take it.

What's wrong with sanding a tank?
By hand sanding no one is going to remove steel...
flap wheel on a grinder definitely no.
I would use a wire wheel. Prime it with good primer than paint it. Done.
If inside is good of course...
If you don't want it I'll take it.
You are certainty welcome to sand your cylinders.

I'm going with what my hydro facility says.

Lots of people cut corners on scuba.

I'm not bothered by it.

Oh put din yoke adpter plug in it should have a dimple on the back of the valve.. then its a yoke style

Oh put din yoke adpter plug in it should have a dimple on the back of the valve.. then its a yoke style
Yes. Do that.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

I just got done sanding it down. and the steel looks really good, there is no pitting or anything like that and I was able to blend it where the hand cannot even feel the difference. I need to replace the valve. it is a 120 rated at 3500 psi. Is there a yoke valve I could use that is made for high pressure?
Why do you think you need to replace the valve?
What are the rest of the markings on the tank?
You may know less than you think you do.
The 3500 DIN valve is too deep, too many threads. The adapters go in too far, and a yoke adapter won't seat on the o-ring. And those valves have no dimple on the back, for that reason.
That is purposeful.....yokes are not rated for 3500.

I just got done sanding it down. and the steel looks really good, there is no pitting or anything like that and I was able to blend it where the hand cannot even feel the difference. I need to replace the valve. it is a 120 rated at 3500 psi. Is there a yoke valve I could use that is made for high pressure?
No yoke valves at 3500#

So one has ever taken PST hp 130 with a din yoke adpter that has a dimple in the back and put a yoke on it? I sure have ...
Came from factory with a 200 bar valve with an adpter...
Now the really old yokes that are quite thin
I would be leery about doing that.. but they normally will not fit on that kind of valve. Not wide and long enough...

Had to go take a look... A milling machine got to it.
20210528_230802.jpg

the din threads dont thread right, i guess it was dropped. I am looking for a new valve. Hopefully one that is Din and I can put the yoke insert in. Does anyone make an inexpensive one and what do you think the thread size of this is?

Thanks

My hydro guy will take bead blasted but not sanded also... YMMV

Back
Top Bottom