Do you keep track of your underwater time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why can't I "like" posts?
We changed "like" software a few years ago. It's possible it's one of those settings. Your likes are probably registering but your view of them is not being displayed.

I can't view your "likes"profile to determine which one it could be but uncheck any of these - except for e-mail since you'll then get an e-mail for every like if that's enabled.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/thanks.php?do=profile&action=options

Otherwise contact Howarde - there must be something in your profile I don't have visibility to.

I realize my dives fall far short of many on the SB forums, and also that I'm gearing up to dive again after 6 years ... but ...

I'm still proud of my diving, not as it compares to others but as a marker of my own diving. and so:

i have 448 dives (I'm anal in keeping track), 279 salt water, 169 fresh water, with 158 overhead dives (68 cavern, 90 cave)

for a total of 586.88 hours underwater (24.45 days)

do you keep track?

do you care?

Paper log, spreadsheet, and for last 584, computer download. 1026 dives, 980 hours and 51 min, many other stats available. Yes, I have scuba OCD.

Good diving, Craig

I have a meager 34 dives, averaging 2-3/yr. This summer I watched eagerly as each dive brought me closer to a full day underwater. I just crossed 24 hours underwater this past weekend, finally. Here's hoping the next 24 hours doesn't take so long.

yes, i still log dives after many years of diving...as a matter of fact my dive log have changed to a dive journal....love looking them over now and again.

Yes, I do keep track. I just recently logged my 3,600th dive ... for a total cumulative bottom time of just shy of 2,900 hours. I've been diving since February, 2001 ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We changed "like" software a few years ago. It's possible it's one of those settings. Your likes are probably registering but your view of them is not being displayed.

thank you, it's all good now. I guess there was a lag of some sort, but I see all my likes now =)

---------- Post added September 2nd, 2015 at 12:16 PM ----------

Yes, I have scuba OCD.

i'm pretty sure OCD is a prerequisite for diving ...

---------- Post added September 2nd, 2015 at 12:22 PM ----------

I have a meager 34 dives, averaging 2-3/yr. This summer I watched eagerly as each dive brought me closer to a full day underwater. I just crossed 24 hours underwater this past weekend, finally. Here's hoping the next 24 hours doesn't take so long.

that is awesome. just keep at it.

i remember passing 24 hours dive time. in fact, thanks to my trusty log, the dive in question (10/6/02) took me from 22:49 hours to 24:00 exactly, a 1:11 hour dive in Molasses Reef, Key Largo, 35 feet max depth. I was diving N36. visibility was 40-50 feet and I saw tons of fish (I'll spare you the list). it was my 37th dive.

:wink:

Last edited:
thank you, it's all good now. I guess there was a lag of some sort, but I see all my likes now =)

This happens when someone posts while you're posting. After your post you won't see the "Like/Thank" features. A simple fix is to refresh the screen ... it'll show up then ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yes, I do keep track. I just recently logged my 3,600th dive ... for a total cumulative bottom time of just shy of 2,900 hours. I've been diving since February, 2001 ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Average 2 dives every 3 days. Pretty amazing Bob. I'm about 2 for every 8 or 9.

well, you're going to hell

and by hell I mean Acapulco

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom