Do you keep track of your underwater time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I realize my dives fall far short of many on the SB forums, and also that I'm gearing up to dive again after 6 years ... but ...

I'm still proud of my diving, not as it compares to others but as a marker of my own diving. and so:

i have 448 dives (I'm anal in keeping track), 279 salt water, 169 fresh water, with 158 overhead dives (68 cavern, 90 cave)

for a total of 586.88 hours underwater (24.45 days)

do you keep track?

do you care?

Yep. After 20+ years I don't have as many dives as you, but I track it all.

Still have my first dive log from 1966

2001 here

---------- Post added August 30th, 2015 at 08:26 PM ----------

Yep. After 20+ years I don't have as many dives as you, but I track it all.

the board won't let me "like" your post

so ... "liked"

I stopped logging dives for a few years and regret it.

I keep a spreadsheet of just basic info: date, buddy, location, some notes like avg depth, times, equipment used, and max depth. 1 page for cave dives, one page for OW dives.

Looking back at the different dives over the years is neat. I remember things I'd forgotten, and the notes are helpful in planning return trips.

Looking back at the different dives over the years is neat. I remember things I'd forgotten, and the notes are helpful in planning return trips.

from late 2007 to late 2008 (I stopped diving in mid-2009) I would look at the dive profiles in my Nitek He every week or so and take basic notes (max depth, total dive time, etc.).

i wish I'd have kept better logs

Another logger here. I find them handy as I also record gear-related issues like weight changes in addition to rare creatures, locations, etc. Otherwise, it tends to all blur, even at a paltry 226 dives. :wink:

why can't I "like" posts?

fisheater and annasea, thank you

Yes. I have a few more dives than you but less total hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom