Freshly Minted Reluctant Cold Water Diver Saying Hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome! I am down in Bellingham and exploring undocumented wrecks. Give a yell if you want to come down and check it out.
I might take you up on that, once I get more comfortable in the cold/drysuit and can actually get some semblance of buoyancy control…

There is a lot of great wreck diving in the Vancouver area and the Great Lakes have the best fresh water wreck diving in the world.
I’m sure we do here in Vancouver but would be nice to actually see them 🤣

Was in Porteau Cove today for my first post-cert dive and thankfully someone else knew where to do. Was following the firehose to one of the wrecks and suddenly came upon a big rock. Buddy signaled to swim around it and the I noticed the rock had a sharp point. Visibility was maybe 7-8ft so it took me a while to realize it was actually the wreck!

Yes I know it gets better… or so I keep being told 😝

I might take you up on that, once I get more comfortable in the cold/drysuit and can actually get some semblance of buoyancy control…
Just let me know. I am far more likely to get off the couch and into the water if someone else is going!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom