Do NOT book at Iberostar if you want to dive with Blue XT Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Steve:
Shoc:

Good show! Have fun. Ever thought of the Reef Club, if Iberostar or Grand is your style?
I have read lots of good about the Grand, and very little about Reef club. You should also consider the Fiesta Americana. I thought it was a very good value for what we got. Nicely located, not too far from town, not too far from the sites in the north either, and the shore diving is worth the $6 it costs for a tank from Divehouse.

diveborg:
I have read lots of good about the Grand, and very little about Reef club. You should also consider the Fiesta Americana. I thought it was a very good value for what we got. Nicely located, not too far from town, not too far from the sites in the north either, and the shore diving is worth the $6 it costs for a tank from Divehouse.

Yes I've stayed at F/Americana as well, but didn't mention it as it seems to be of a little different variety than Iberostar/Grand and Reef Club.

We stayed @ F/A 2 years ago when we first met Christi. I loved that entire vacation. The dive Op and the Accom's were A1, and would be hard to beat. Unfortunately, last year we got a serious DUD with Cozumeleno. It seems (after the fact) that I read a whole pile of negatives on Cozumeleno, yeah no kidding.....too bad I hadn't seen them afterwards. This one is out of the question for most folk going to the island to dive anyway, as it's way on the North, and you'll not find too many Op's that would go way up there, so you'd have to go to them. The only reason we chose it was that I was doing my Cave course, so we weren't going to be doing any ocean dives at all, more than likely. It was too bad we struck out on this one. A total accom's disaster, and attitude to boot from the front desk.

On a better front, Christi introduced me to a Intro cave instructor who I took my Cavern and Intro with. We also went on a fun dive after my full cave with another Instructor was done later the second week. I had a great time with him, and hope to dive with him again upon my next visit.

Seems as though Christi is becoming the one-stop person to contact while in Coz!

Say Hi to Diego for me Christi.

I thought a diver could get picked up directly off the beach in front of Iberostar because the resort did not own the shoreline. Am I wrong about this?

Texas Diver:
I thought a diver could get picked up directly off the beach in front of Iberostar because the resort did not own the shoreline. Am I wrong about this?

Of course we can legally as long as conditions are ok...but still not worth the hassle from the guard. I made the decision and I'm sticking to it. Blue XT~Sea does not pick up at Iberostar any longer. If I lose customers over it, I'll live with it.

Cheryl M.:
Thanks for the tip, unfortunately my group has already booked our late May trip at Iberostar. I had heard their dive operation wasn't great, but didn't know they were unfriendly to other operators. I've been looking into other options for a five day package. Could we compare notes on who looks good? I've heard good things about several companies (BlueXT being one) but don't know if they have stopped pick-ups at Iberostar. Perhaps divers should take this up with Iberostar?

Hi Cheryl:

I'll keep you posted on my group's experience at the Coz Iberostar. My wife and I are going out with two other couples this Saturday, March 12th. My buddy and I plan to dive five days; one at the Iberostar beach (free, included with your room), as well as four other day's of boat dives.

Uncle Jack

I really hope it gets re-posted. I didn't get a chance to read it first time around and would like the opportunity to learn. Those sorts of threads really make an impact on divers.

Christi:
Of course we can legally as long as conditions are ok...but still not worth the hassle from the guard. I made the decision and I'm sticking to it. Blue XT~Sea does not pick up at Iberostar any longer. If I lose customers over it, I'll live with it.

Good for you! If enough of the other shops do the same, maybe they will give this some more thought. Seems like it would have to have some impact on their business at the hotel.

When I dove with Christi's operation 1 1/2 months ago, she was not personally present on the dive boat because she was sick.

When our dive boat went to Iberostar to pick up divers, I personally watched the Iberostar "guard" on the pier hassle Christi's divemaster and boat captain. I thought to myself that when my wife and I return to Coz, the Iberostar would be one place we would definitely not stay at.

When we return, Christi's operation will be our first choice for a dive operator. Blue XT Sea was fantastic.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom