Diving with men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula once bubbled...

Thought there was a woman that wanted to bring you along more often! :wink:

LOL, that too! But I have a feeling she had ulterior motives! :wink:

LOL, that too! But I have a feeling she had ulterior motives!
Mmm, and just what were those ulterior motives? :wacko:

Personally, I like it when guys try to help me with my gear. It's so cute! Plus it's an easy way to let them break the ice...I mean you're going to be stuck together for a few days, why not make some new friends? I know I know, it's not exactly the most feminist-type response, but what can I say? I'm a southern girl who likes to be treated like a lady, even on dive boats. I get treated like "one of the guys" enough at work!:)

VaScubaGirl once bubbled...
Personally, I like it when guys try to help me with my gear. It's so cute! Plus it's an easy way to let them break the ice...I mean you're going to be stuck together for a few days, why not make some new friends? I know I know, it's not exactly the most feminist-type response, but what can I say? I'm a southern girl who likes to be treated like a lady, even on dive boats. I get treated like "one of the guys" enough at work!:)

Way to go!

I respect women, and believe that they can do anything a man can do, and sometimes much more. That said, I also enjoy treating a lady as a lady. I am a little shy, but sometimes being polite and helpful is a nice way to break the ice. Now, that doesn't mean that I am only polite to women that I am interested in. In fact, I think it is funny how some guys will trip over themselves to help an attractive woman, but ignore a less attractive woman, who may really need the help.

I feel bad for men these days. They never know when being nice (whether she needs the help or not) is going to result in an irrate and insulted woman! I think the world can do with a lot more niceness from both sides of the gender gap :)

At least there needs to be some universally agreed upon signal for when and how a women would like to be treated.

I am more than happy to play by whatever rules a woman wants to play with. I would just like to know which ones.

divermasterB once bubbled...
At least there needs to be some universally agreed upon signal for when and how a women would like to be treated.

I am more than happy to play by whatever rules a woman wants to play with. I would just like to know which ones.

Two different scenarios

Male Diver: Hey, that looks heavy...can I give you a hand with that?

Female Diver: Thanks! Carrying it together makes it a lot easier

Male Diver: Well little lady you just leave that complicated gear to me....I'll get you all set <can almost feel him patting my head, and hear him telling me not to worry my pretty little head about a thing>

Female Diver: Get lost, touch my gear and lose a limb.

:D It's not very complicated....it's about respect. If you're offereing in the spirit of team work and helping your fellow man (no matter the gender) The offer is always appreciated by me.

If you're offering because you're sure I can't take care of it without your help...just swallow the offer, it won't be appreciated.

And yes, both of these scenario's happened to me....but no, I wasn't quite that rude the second time :wink: .....but he did get the idea :)

Peace,
Cathie

CuriousMe once bubbled...

Two different scenarios

Male Diver: Well little lady you just leave that complicated gear to me....I'll get you all set <can almost feel him patting my head, and hear him telling me not to worry my pretty little head about a thing>

:D It's not very complicated....it's about respect. If you're offereing in the spirit of team work and helping your fellow man (no matter the gender) The offer is always appreciated by me.

If you're offering because you're sure I can't take care of it without your help...just swallow the offer, it won't be appreciated.

And yes, both of these scenario's happened to me....but no, I wasn't quite that rude the second time :wink: .....but he did get the idea :)

Peace,
Cathie

#2 is more about someone wanting to show off that they can do something. #1 is more about someone getting pleasure out of being helpful.

Assistance has to be offered without an ego to be served for it to really mean something.

CuriousMe once bubbled...

Two different scenarios

Peace,
Cathie

It would be nice if this were true, but it just isn't. I remember once offering my seat on a bus to a (very) pregnant woman. I thought she was going to kill me for insinuating that she might need to sit down. True story. It's not easy to be a man these days.

It would be nice if this were true, but it just isn't. I remember once offering my seat on a bus to a (very) pregnant woman. I thought she was going to kill me for insinuating that she might need to sit down. True story. It's not easy to be a man these days.

Don't give up hope, there are a few of us left that appreciate the kindness of a gentlemen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom