Diving with men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there was some talk amongst my fellow divers to do a drift dive in west palm sometime soon

when i'm diving, i take care of my own gear: i'm wearing it, i'm using it, i'm the one who needs to know how it's been assembled, especially in an emergency.

i HATE it when guys who aren't my buddy try to "help" me with my gear. it seems so (expletive)ing PATRONIZING.

:boom:

gsxr1997, i don't want or mean to pound you. but this is a very sore subject with me. just re-read your statement: "i feel that as i do not need help with my gear neither should the other men."

and neither should the women. just treat me as an equal, not as a child to be coddled.....although as scuba_jenny points out, not all women share my view.

climbing off my soapbox,

dm

gsxr1997 once bubbled...
call me chauvanistic or chivalrous ,but if a woman dives with me (not necessarily my dive buddy)she gets royalty treatment by me . i do not think i am overbearing (at least i have not been told that) but i do cater to the fairer sex . i feel that as i do not need help with my gear neither should the other men .but i will help as needed . i just focus more on helping out the women so they have an enjoyable time. no i am not looking for something in return either.

n/t

if my post inferred that i thought of women as less than equal im sorry you misunderstood. that was not my intention. it just pulls at my heart strings to see a woman struggling to carry a gear bag and two tanks down to the dive boat just to be independant.

well, i think the world would be a better place if we all helped one another, men and women alike, strangers and friends alike.

dm

ps: if anyone, man or woman, has trouble lifting their gear (and doesn't have a medical condition that indicates otherwise) they should start lifting weights to improve their strength!

:)

this past weekend I was on a boat with a mix of men and women, and I tried to help EVERY ONE in any way that I could.
(helping with fins, lifting tanks, rinsing masks, etc.)

It's just the way I am. Dosen't matter if you are a man or a woman, I just ejoy helping to make things easier, that way we ALL enjoy ourselves more.

canuckdiver once bubbled...
this past weekend I was on a boat with a mix of men and women, and I tried to help EVERY ONE in any way that I could.
(helping with fins, lifting tanks, rinsing masks, etc.)

It's just the way I am. Dosen't matter if you are a man or a woman, I just ejoy helping to make things easier, that way we ALL enjoy ourselves more.

Canuckdiver, well put! I think that was what the original post on helping out ment. It is not a matter of gender issue, its the NICE thing to do-help out!
I don't have any problem helping out anybody, male or female, and I appreciate it when the offer is returned.

scuba_jenny once bubbled...

Canuckdiver, well put! I think that was what the original post on helping out ment. It is not a matter of gender issue, its the NICE thing to do-help out!
I don't have any problem helping out anybody, male or female, and I appreciate it when the offer is returned.

LOL, thank you, actually I had the comment from one of the GUYS on the trip that they have to bring me along more often.

He sat down on the bench into his bc, and then I proceeded to hand him his gloves, mask, and put down his fins, stand on the ends and pull the straps over for him.

Like I said, dosen't matter male or female, just a fellow diver, and I will help if I can.

this topic is still happening? Ok, when i dive with women.. i try and get them to help me put on my gear...and sneaky ways to get attention.

Equality is fine, but fun is ‘viva la difference’.

canuckdiver once bubbled...

LOL, thank you, actually I had the comment from one of the GUYS on the trip that they have to bring me along more often.

Thought there was a woman that wanted to bring you along more often! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom