Diving with men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go for the dive!
Pretty much every dive I have done has been with a male buddy.
My dive instructors were all male (just the way things worked out, there are quite a few females working @ the shop as well). ARE all male I should say, as I'm in the process of taking my Rescue (PADI) course.
The class has 9 students + 1 instructor. I'm the only female. It's a fun ratio!
I have no qualms when it comes to diving with guys because that's who I've always dove with. We have fun & I don't think I've really encountered much sexism at all (in comparison to boating... ick).
Besides they are usually more than willing to flex their machismo if you DO need a hand with something.
My current instructor/ fast friend/occassional dive buddy/ rowdy drinking companion is an excellent example of a great male buddy. He's game for any kind of diving (deep, night, drift, crabbing, etc, etc). & is NEVER the first to run out of air ( I sweat he doesn't breath underwater). If you don't know him, he's polite & helpful. If you do know him he's the typical guy, but still very helpful.
I can't give any insight on the whole first off the boat dilemma as I only have done shore dives (ugh, shore dives). So good luck with that.

nessum once bubbled...
Go for the dive!
Pretty much every dive I have done has been with a male buddy.
My dive instructors were all male (just the way things worked out, there are quite a few females working @ the shop as well). ARE all male I should say, as I'm in the process of taking my Rescue (PADI) course.
The class has 9 students + 1 instructor. I'm the only female. It's a fun ratio!

My DM and AI classes consisted of myself, female instructor (married), and two other females (1 married, 1 I dated for a year, still good friends).

Depends on the type of *cough* diving.. *chortle* I didn't say that! *blink blink*

wrinkles once bubbled...
I dont think they would consider that a scuba realated poll question. I am not sure how that has to do with diving.:wink:

Ana:)

Geez it sounds like you guys would rather swim with sharks than us men :D

Not all of us are like that, it can go the other way around too. Swimming with women sometimes isn't a blast either.

Just depends on who you get stuck with lol

ahhhmmm... wrinkles.... profile pic? *woof*... change? is the new one better? :bonk: bikini?? :magnify: ... bring it on!
:flirty:

Disclaimer: the above message has been written while under duress... the poster had no intention bla bla... blabla bla....

On a more serious note...I think women divers should be capable of lugging their own equipment same as men. But I think we all should be ready to help our buddies as required. Seriously if anyone can't walk with their equipment what are they doing diving (and that goes for men/women and kids)!

DrSteve once bubbled...
On a more serious note...I think women divers should be capable of lugging their own equipment same as men. But I think we all should be ready to help our buddies as required. Seriously if anyone can't walk with their equipment what are they doing diving (and that goes for men/women and kids)!

Here here!! I completely agree! I was diving with a group and one woman couldn't manage her gear by herself. I was glad I didn't buddy with her. What if I needed to be rescued and towed to shore? I don't think she could have handled it.

I fully expect to haul my own gear but certainly I don't turn down an offer of assistance if one comes along. Likewise, if my gear is all stowed away, I'll offer to help someone else with theirs until everyone's stuff is either all on the boat or all off the boat.

Diverlady

DrSteve once bubbled...

I would add the exception of special needs divers that are trained to dive with assistance from another diver trained to assist in this type of situation.

Paraplegics, amputees, etc. may not be able to walk with their equipment, but shouldn't be excluded from the sport, given that their safety, and the safety of those diving with them are not compromised.

There are reasons why guys like dogs and women like cats.....both are like ourselves....Women like cats because cats are like women-cats have this attitude like; "If you are lucky, I might let you scratch me" as if the cat is doing us a favor.....guys like dogs because we wish more women were like them: no matter what, they just want to be with us, are content to do so, always there for us no matter what, willing to go with us wherever, they want to be with us even if we never scratched them, and they know we are doing them a favor when we do scratch them, because of that, we love to scratch them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom