Diving in New Zealand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Pub Quiz was good. Think I had one too many pints "o" guiness tho...

Sweet. Saturday it is then.
What time do you wanna head out? Are we all good to fit on your boat packhorse? Can flick you some fuel money.

Im in Glenfield so do you wanna swing by my place and pick me up? Just up the rd from the motorway off ramp.

Cartman you should be sweet in a wetsuit. (This coming from the guy that hasnt dived on scuba in a wetsuit in 3+ years)

Will probably pick up Cartman around 9-930. Can pick you up if my buddy from up north comes, but if buddy from south comes then 4 guys 8 tanks boat and trailer could be a bit much for my car. We shall confirm it all on thursday night. Im thinking of leaving from Whangaparaoa, Hatfields or Wenderholm. Its only a few NM further by boat but saves 30min of driving. Have you launched form Wenderholm or Hatfields before?

Packhorse:
Will probably pick up Cartman around 9-930. Can pick you up if my buddy from up north comes, but if buddy from south comes then 4 guys 8 tanks boat and trailer could be a bit much for my car. We shall confirm it all on thursday night. Im thinking of leaving from Whangaparaoa, Hatfields or Wenderholm. Its only a few NM further by boat but saves 30min of driving. Have you launched form Wenderholm or Hatfields before?
Cool. I will meet you up there then. I have to help one of my wifes mates move beforehand anyway so thats probably easier.
I havnt launched from any of those places as yet. I mainly launch at Leigh, Martins Bay or Browns Bay.

sounds like everyone's showing, so I'll make alternative arrangements. Another time, when your boat isn't booked out then.

Xman:
sounds like everyone's showing, so I'll make alternative arrangements. Another time, when your boat isn't booked out then.
Are you off shift next weekend?

hey Packhorse,
Launching from Hatfields is a better bet than from Wenderholm. Wenderholm has a boat ramp but is sometimes impossible to get through the channel at low tide. Hattfields has a better ramp, but i hope you like gettnig the back axle of your truck salty at low tide. i used these two boat ramps a lot! well i used Wenderholm 4 times until i got my boat stuck at low tide and then found hatfields to be better.

Where you planning to dive in Leigh?? I lived and dived up there for 8 years. Just moved back to A.K. at the start of this year? clocked up over 1000 dives around Leigh. hopefully i can join ya's for a dive sometime.

We dive leigh at least once a month. either just north of the outpost or leigh reef or goat island. Did ok on the Omaha scallop bed last weekend. Saturday looks like Kawau though.

Looks like about a 8am high tide so if we are back after 4pm Hatfields should be OK??

10.30am at the ramp suit everyone or do you need more time Azza? ( its always good to have an excuse to leave early when helping some one shift).

Jwal PM me when you want to get out. You can try my transpac2 and I will use my doubles. I can usally squeeze in a mid week dive from Maraetai if that suits, as the next few weekends are all pre booked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom