Diving in New Zealand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Packhorse:
10.30am at the ramp suit everyone or do you need more time Azza? ( its always good to have an excuse to leave early when helping some one shift).
10.30 at hatfields is all cool with me. See you there

Launching at high tide from hatfields is a breeze, at low tide the ramp is totally dry and you will be retreiving your boat off the beach and the beach has gentle slope. So your may have to drive your vehicle into the water, thats if you have a big boat, otherwise you can walk the tralier in....i'm sure you have it sussed. Weather looks good for saturday! Will be keen to check out your Transpac Packhorse, will have to be a weekend thou, as i'm out of town quite a bit for work. Have a good one

Packhorse:
Xman - where do you live? Any chance you can pick up Cartman from the city? Id prefer not to have to take boat down queen st. If so I could pick up Azza and we could meet you 2 at Hatfields.
Will be easier if I meet you there. I am moving someone first thing tomorrow morning so will probably leave from wherever they are and meet you guys there at around 10.30ish

Well, guys, I'm really sorry but I found a new apartment and will have to move tomorrow so won't be able to go diving with you guys...
Hope that I can join you next time!

Well guys you missed out on some great diving today. Headed down to Whangamata for 3 dives. 1st was on a small reef at 8 meters. viz was about 20 meters. A few small crays a octopus, red moki and more hanging out there. Got a couple of cool pix. Water temp was great ( well better than 2 months ago).
Heading out again tomorrow but I know the viz isnt going to be any where near as good in the gulf. You still going out tomorrow Azza?

Packhorse:
Well guys you missed out on some great diving today. Headed down to Whangamata for 3 dives. 1st was on a small reef at 8 meters. viz was about 20 meters. A few small crays a octopus, red moki and more hanging out there. Got a couple of cool pix. Water temp was great ( well better than 2 months ago).
Heading out again tomorrow but I know the viz isnt going to be any where near as good in the gulf. You still going out tomorrow Azza?
Yeah just heading out shortly. SW 10knots should be sweet at Kawau

Had a couple of sweet dives yesterday.
First one at Takatu point. Dropped the pick in 22 metres onto the edge of a reef that rose from 22m in a sheer wall to 12 metres, with a huge canyon rolling up the middle of it. Heaps of cool growth on the walls and plenty of snapper and Kingfish around. Got a couple of crays as well.
Second dive was on Motoketekete at secret spot "x". went diving through the the canyons and caverns, Viz was around 20+metres and seen a massive school of kingfish (Maybe 20 or so) crusing by. They came around to check us out then took off and nailed a huge school of baitfish.
There was a little chop on the water and the sun was extremely hot for this time of year.

Yesterday was a scorcher due to the large ozone hole currently above us. So Slip Slop Slap.
We had a few great Kai dives yesterday. Scallops, mussels and crays. Vis was shocking 5 meters max and a bit choppy comming home.
5 dives over the weekend so im pretty happy but the Mrs isnt, so no diving next weekend.

I hope you were not to far around the point there at Takatu getting those crays :wink:

Back
Top Bottom