Diving in New Zealand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Packhorse:
Saturday variable 10knots. Sounds good. Although I hear the tides are large at the mo, could be a bit of current out at flat rock. Could always do the back of Kawau if is.

Cartman, Let us know if you want to join us. Im going to dive my doubles so I have 2 spare steel tanks you could use. 13.6 L steels (115cf) with yoke valves. You got lead?
Now I have 5 people wanna come. I don't know if I can fit 5 divers on my boat at once...Oh well I guess I will find out on the weekend unless I can convince the wife to find a flower show or something...

Plenty of places we could find if the tide's no good for Flat Rock

Xman:
Azza...Packhorse... are you going saturday? I need to get out with the doubles too. Always keen to get in more diving if ever you have space for 1 more
Well I was looking at Sunday as one of my mates can't do Saturday...however I am starting to think I should do both days now.
What day suits you packhorse?

Ok I have to make tracks...Pub Quiz starts shortly.

Xman if you are keen for Saturday, and Packhorse if you are keen for Saturday, then I will just dive both days and come with you guys on Saturday and my other mates on Sunday. I do have a noob mate coming on Sunday that will expect me to dive with him so it is probably best if i come along with you guys on Saturday.
One boat or Two?

Edit: Who is going to ask netdoc for our own Kiwi forum?

Well if (and its a big if) I can convince her indoors (its gonna cost me) to let me out both days im keen.
I can take 3 divers and a boat man + 6 tanks on my boat. Any more than that and its getting a bit over loaded. I had 5 guys and 4 tanks last weekend but it was only a short trip. My buddy has not yet confirmed, I know he is busy sunday.
Is that 5 divers and 10 tanks Azza? Including Cartman?
Cartman? you keen?
Xman. looks like there is a que. we shall let you know.

Packhorse:
Well if (and its a big if) I can convince her indoors (its gonna cost me) to let me out both days im keen.
I can take 3 divers and a boat man + 6 tanks on my boat. Any more than that and its getting a bit over loaded. I had 5 guys and 4 tanks last weekend but it was only a short trip. My buddy has not yet confirmed, I know he is busy sunday.
Is that 5 divers and 10 tanks Azza? Including Cartman?
Cartman? you keen?
Xman. looks like there is a que. we shall let you know.
I understand the "big If". Mines not going to be happy either but I just spent the whole weekend at her fathers place in Hawkes Bay with her so she can just deal with it. (I hope she isnt reading this).

Well the most I have had is 3 divers, 7 tanks and a boat man on mine and it was ok...Yeah so far 5 Divers and 10 tanks and thats not counting Cartman or anyone else. I think that means I am going to have to do both days. I might even have to push one of my other mates off on Sunday.

How about I come with you guys on Saturday then I will just do my own thing with the others on Sunday?

Hi mate!
Just got your SMS!
Yes, I'd love to join you guys.
The only thing is that I still don't have a car... Would anybody be able to pick me up ? :) (sorry but I promisse I'll be owing you guys one and will do the same when I can)
About the suits will you guys be diving on dry suits? If so where do you think I could hire one here at the CBD? I still haven't seen any dive shops around Queens St. central area. Do you know if there ara any?
My regulator is Yoke so would be perfect to use your steel tank. Do you have some additional weights as well?

PS: I can go either saturday or sunday, whatever is better for you...

Cheers.

Thanks, mate!
If you'll be diving wet then I'll try to do so too. How cold should the water be? I've dived in Brazil in 13 degrees water with these suits before and it was ok for about 40 minutes...
I don't think I'll need more than 4kg if using a steel thank. I normally use 6 with aluminium thanks...
Cheers!

Packhorse:
Try Stirling dive on Dominion rd or Dive HQ or Global Dive. The last two are downtown.
I will be diving wet. I can pick you up saturday but not sunday. How much weight you need? I can do about 10kg max. Azza may be able to make up the rest.
http://www.divehq.co.nz/locations/westhaven/
http://www.globaldive.net/
http://www.nzdive.co.nz/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom