Diving in New Zealand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is not alot of shore dive sites around Auckland. In fact you really need to get out of the gulf.
Goat Island is 1.5 hours north and is ok for a shore dive. Or the Coromandle peninsula offers a few. Best to get a boat or buddy with boat.Most dive shops have weekend boat trips for $100 for 2 dives. When are you looking at going out? maybe we can catch up. What gear do you have? PM or txt me if you like.

Packhorse:
Sounds good. Havent dived flat rock yet. Although my buddy is itching to get out for a dive too so he will want to join us or we could join him. He might have his 30ft bayliner by then.
Well so far I have 4 people keen so maybe we could take both boats and meet up? Flat rock is not a bad spot and even better are some pinnicles about 500m sse from Flat Rock itself. But at flat rock there is a wreck which I think is the Royal Tar (Found a massive old anchor there) so that could be worth a geezer if I can remember where it is.

Well, it would be cool to catch up.
I've got all my gear (only need tanks) but my thickest wetsuit is a two pieces "Mares Terma" 5mm. I've got no dry-suits. Do you think mine would handle the water temp? Is there anywhere where I could hire a dry-suit?
Cheers, mate.

Just sent you an SMS so you have my number.

Packhorse:
There is not alot of shore dive sites around Auckland. In fact you really need to get out of the gulf.
Goat Island is 1.5 hours north and is ok for a shore dive. Or the Coromandle peninsula offers a few. Best to get a boat or buddy with boat.Most dive shops have weekend boat trips for $100 for 2 dives. When are you looking at going out? maybe we can catch up. What gear do you have? PM or txt me if you like.

Azza:
Well so far I have 4 people keen so maybe we could take both boats and meet up? Flat rock is not a bad spot and even better are some pinnicles about 500m sse from Flat Rock itself. But at flat rock there is a wreck which I think is the Royal Tar (Found a massive old anchor there) so that could be worth a geezer if I can remember where it is.

Sounds good. Where will you launch from?

Packhorse:
Sounds good. Where will you launch from?
I usually launch from Martins Bay as I have a mate with a bach and tractor there. Will check with him to make sure his family are not not using it this weekend, or if they dont mind.

Hey Cartman...Are you coming out diving with us? Try one of the dive shops as they could probably hire you a drysuit from dolphin. They do need a few days warning tho...

Saturday variable 10knots. Sounds good. Although I hear the tides are large at the mo, could be a bit of current out at flat rock. Could always do the back of Kawau if is.

Cartman, Let us know if you want to join us. Im going to dive my doubles so I have 2 spare steel tanks you could use. 13.6 L steels (115cf) with yoke valves. You got lead?

Azza...Packhorse... are you going saturday? I need to get out with the doubles too. Always keen to get in more diving if ever you have space for 1 more

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom