Diving in Central Kentucky??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Wally, I'll dive with ya anytime! I don't even mind the doubles. In fact I've been toying with putting together a set myself. If I'm going to dive in a mudhole I may as well do something to myself to make it interesting. :D

If you got regs I got doubles :)

Well, turns out the OW 22&23 of august. hoping they were a week earlier, but oh well. Super excited!

Mitch, since I have to work my "real job" the next couple of weekends, could you keep me posted on how your Open water dives go?:blinking: I love to read about other's experiences & live vicariously through them.:cool3: Thanks!

If you got regs I got doubles :)

I've got regs! :wink:

I was also thinking of confiscating Jim's AL80's. Then I would have steel and aluminum both to try.

Between switching all that around I should be able to screw up my weighting and buoyancy pretty good. It'll be like OW again! :D

LOL...after I posted I thought... he's got more gear than I do!!. Ya it is a trip especially if you don't have some idea of where to place the weights. Just don't try going dry and diving doubles at the same time like someone we know. :D

I resemble that remark! However, steel doubles wet is much more dangerous!

I've got some 7.25 tank bands you can borrow JP.....

I resemble that remark! However, steel doubles wet is much more dangerous!

BUSTED!!
Ya wet is more dangerous. Then you carry a redundant flotation.

I do, I just couldn't deploy in the few seconds I had crashing into the bottom at 20'.....:rofl3:

Hell, the inflator button was in full use on the way down, dive, dive, dive!!!:shakehead:

Got you beat there Chris, My first time in my doubles ( I had about 100 dives in my drysuit), My LP85's took me on a ride to 95ft in less than a minute at Pennyroyal. I didn't realize how negative those cylinders were & dumped all the air out of my wings. To say it scared the hell out of me is a major understatement. I almost couldn't clear my ears fast enough. I was laying on the wing inflator the entire time. I had such a squeeze on my drysuit that it left bruises on me through my thick undergarment.

WHOA! and of course ill keep you updated. First class was earlier today, and i was so excited, didnt get to sleep till 2 in the mornin! lol, i was the youngest by about 25-30 years, but thats usual... I definitely wasnt properly weighted or trimmed. Anyways, I was the one there always bouncing around underwater and stuff, LOL! Did all the excersises like I always do, the fastest. Finished everything b4 every1 else. its kinda weird flooding your mask for the first time, but hey! it was fun!

Mitch

Don't get into too big a hurry to do your exercises, Mitch. Sometimes, by slowing down a little you can find little ways that can make the techniques a little easier for you. Not everything works the same way for everybody. By rushing to get it done, you can get yourself frustrated when things don't go exactly right (& that's quite often).Take your time. Leave your mask flooded for a few moments & breathe with it that way. It will prepare you for when you have to eventually take your mask off, or it accidentally gets knocked off. Glad to hear you're doing so well! Keep up the good work! The trim, weighting & buoyancy will come with time & practice. Don't get impatient.

Back
Top Bottom