Divers Day Out at Lake Murray--1/29/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh well... it looks like I might be doing a gear check by myself today.
Something tells me somebody will show up. I'm headed up there this morning.
I'll tell ya about it later. I hope Ya'll get rested and get to feeling better.

Well... nobody showed up at Lake Murray but I'm not surprised. I really was not expecting anyone but I just wanted to go. Everybody I know is sick and I just wanted to get out and play. I did run into this really angry & dirty old white guy that honked at me alot and tried to run me out of the Marietta Landing Camp ground. He actually charged me once !!!
I stayed in my car and the "Goose" honked and waddled away as geese will usually do.
( Hahahha ;-) )

I got geared up and tossed out my dive flag Cylinder pressure @2600psi
I did a gear check on a new long john 7 mill suit in the shallows and it worked pretty darned well. The worst thing about the dive was just putting my face into the water the first time. ( Shock !!!)
Dive start at 12:32pm with an Air temp. of 42 degrees and the water temp was 45 degrees. I had a good time for about 24 minutes. I had 1000psi of air left and I was still warm and I thought it would be good to stay that way so I came on up.

What did I see there?
There are a couple of boats and two platforms right by the shore. I didn't see one single fish... not one ! There are nice large rocks all along the shore line and not a lot of trees submerged although there were a few small ones. The color of the water was a nice pale emerald green. The Vis. was about 10 feet clearly then it blended into what was sorta like fog with no change to 30 ft.
Getting out of the water was work with 24 lbs of lead on but OK. The wind had kicked up a bit and it was frosty getting out of my stuff and into street clothes again. A few shots of Jack Daniels would have been the ticket but that was not in my gear bag.
Burittos and hot sauce really tasted great though !!!

Again... I hope Ya'll are feeling better. I was thinking of ya'll

We'll try a group thing again soon !

Good report....Frank you are now in the hardcore diver group!!!! I had told my son whom was up at the park today to try and find you to say hi,,,but he must have missed you at the landing. Look forward to diving with you soon,,,,,take care.

Hmmm, Texdiveguy... your son- he's not an angry, old, dirty white guy... is he?

weeeenk.

Foo

Foo:
Hmmm, Texdiveguy... your son- he's not an angry, old, dirty white guy... is he?

weeeenk.

Foo

LOL....NO!!!!

Why do I have this image of Uncle Jessie from the Dukes of Hazzard in my mind right now?? LOL :D

Back
Top Bottom