Divers Day Out at Lake Murray--1/29/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nerissa:
Just wondering if anyone knows about hotels for that area for Friday night. Really looking forward to this trip.

You could stay at the Lake Murray State Park and Resort.....they have cabins and hotel type rooms at the lodge......just a thought.

Debra.for those who might be going from the Arlington/GP/FTW area,,,,,when are you guys leaving the shop on Sat. if someone wanted to caravan?

If anyone will have room for me, I'll help pay for gas

We will leave at 9AM from the dive shop for all those who want to caravan. We don't mind leading the way but unfortunately we can not have anyone ride with us. It's our shop policy. Liability issues and all that stuff... :wink: We figure it's about 2 hours each way. We want to be there by 11 or 12 noon dive for a couple hours then start back about 3PM. We will meet at Marietta Landing. Here is a link to our website with more information and then a map is also available as a print out. http://www.siscuba.com/Lake_Murry_DDO.htm

I wasn't suggesting that, Debra -- I knew you guys couldn't. That was for anyone else that was going.

And it wasn't meant only for you. People ask us all the time so I thought I would finally put it in print. I was putting out there as result of Texdiveguy's suggestion of the caravan. We have had more people asking us lately as result of the DDO's getting more popular. As far as the liability goes , as we always say, it's the not the diver's we are afraid of ( they know the risk) , it's the families! We have also asked our instructor's recently to refuse ride alongs because of the use of trailers and hauling compressed air. It sucks. I get tired of thinking about liability but it is something i live with everyday. Ok back to the grind......

Ok the weather is looking crisp and wet for Saturday! Woo Hoo sounds like diving in the winter to me! I think Troy will have to stay and watch the shop and I will go to the DDO at Lake Murray. The shop has been very busy so we really can't close right now on a Saturday. So I will be looking for a dive buddy........ :wink: . I recently spotted a "hardcore diver" thread on the board and to me THIS weather is for hardcore divers. Grin and bear it. :11: ARRRGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I guess I'll just have to :D and bear it!

I'll need a dive buddy too. Whaddaya say?? :)

I dont have a dive buddy either anyone else looking for someone?

ScubaTexan & Narissa... Ya don't have a care in the world ...This is a group thing ~
" if ya show up ya got a buddy "I / We won't let ya dive alone"
After all... We're Swampers !! :wink:

Saturday is Gonna Be Warm !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom