Diverite X1/X2 hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoTankers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I've been diving a Nomad XT with XT1/X2 sidemount regulators for about six months, I'm pretty happy with my setup except the short hose feels awkward.

The supplied 22" hose is too short to go around the neck, so it just goes directly from the tank to my mouth, in front of the chest, but this creates a horse shoe loop in the hose which sticks out. Neither pointing the swivel on the first stage up or down (or even "out") seems to work.

I'm curious what other people do, but I can't find any pictures or videos online. Any tips?

Here is an image skived from the web that shows the short hose routed directly from tank to mouth as you mention in your post, the 2nd image shows the 2nd stage on the short hose going from the tank to its unused position hanging below the diver's chin/neck on a necklace...no loop behind the neck:

1696542361471.png

1696542581217.png

I suppose if you want to route it around your neck you would just install a lenth of hose you find comfortable for you with the configuration you are diving.

-Z

Cheers for that, looks like other people are doing what I'm doing

Initially I had a setup with no 90* elbows on the 2nd stage. the first setup the hose was too short and was pulling on my mouth and also lifting the bottle in a weird way. I changed the hose to a longer setup (I think 36"). This was too long, I probably needed a 34" setup to do this.

Eventually I went to a setup with 90*s and it was just way more comfortable in the mouth. I route both my hoses behind my neck.

TL;DR: People are gonna need different hose lengths.

Stock hoses never fit well for me so I swap them out for longer ones. Think I have a standard length reg hose on my current set and it sits nicely + gives me full range of movement.

Back
Top Bottom