diveinn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone out there used diveinn (spain) to order scuba gear? I am usually a big supporter of the "buy from your local diveshop" mantra, but the prices offered by these guys are so low, I could not believe it. Here are a few examples:

Apeks TX-100 with TX-40 Octo --
diveinn: $371
local shop: $600+

Suunto Vyper --
diveinn: $285
local shop: $500

I'm sure some of you brits out there have some experience with these guys -- any thoughts on the pros and cons of ordering through them? My biggest worry is the "direct mail backlash" I'll suffer from my local dealer when I need servicing......but when I'm trying to buy a reg, computer and a drysuit in the near future, these prices are hard to ignore.

I have the same questions for simplyscuba.com (based in UK)

Suunto Cobra --

Local shop = $750
Simplyscuba = $518

It looks like we are suffering a huge mark-up in the US on any products that are being produced in Europe (e.g., Suunto and Apeks)......

I'm interested in anyone who has used an off-shore site to order. How big was the US customs hit?

One Brit I know here in New England who has ordered through both diveinn and simplyscuba told me that the customs bill was something like $10-20 for a $300-400 order -- the customs bill apparently shows up separately a few weeks after you receive the product.

This same guy tells me that since these outfits are official distribtutors for Suunto and Apeks products, the mfr.'s warranty is 100% intact.

Back
Top Bottom