Looking for advice for tech regs to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not trying to recommend Hollis regs for tech. But, I do have to say that I've had at least 3 interactions with Huish support in the last 9 months and they've all been good. 2 involved sending me some parts at no charge and promptly. Those were both Hollis things and the other was just answering questions about some Atomic stuff.

For tech regs, I would only buy ones with a swivel turret and a bottom port. They give the ultimate in flexibility for configuration and future adaptability. Why buy anything else?

For tech, I have and use Atomic M1, ScubaPro Mk 25EVO/G260, Dive Rite XT1/2. They all work very well. I would also put the Deep6 Signature regs in the same category. The only reason I don't have any of those is that I got the others at Key Man pricing and I don't get Deep6 for that kind of deal.

were you calling as an end user or as a dealer? I've heard that as a dealer calling it's fine, but they do not want to deal with end users and want them to go through the dealers.

were you calling as an end user or as a dealer? I've heard that as a dealer calling it's fine, but they do not want to deal with end users and want them to go through the dealers.

Emailing as end user.

I have used Apeks DS4's for twinset, single, stage and bailout regs for many years. Great WOB, very rugged, good hose routing, good value for money, easy to service. If your heart is set on swivel turret then get DST's.
I have never been fond of Poseidon regs, they are a bit of a love hate thing and the 2nd stages are fiddly to service. They are also overpriced

I too had bad experiences, several in fact, with Hollis customer service, perhaps not so much bad service but no service. I would not buy anything off them again. This was about 7 years ago so perhaps things have changed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom