Dive shops and training: the disconnect with reality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The usual:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Off-topic posts have been removed

It would be appreciated if this thread can stay somewhat on topic.

That topic would be: Dive shops and training: the disconnect with reality

Thank you.

Which diver in the following picture is more streamlined?

14b5f2a.jpg

Merry Christmas Bob

unfair. which diver is diving a single & wetsuit & point-n-shoot? and has a sausage dangling? and a reg hose in a big messy loop?

idoc, you impress me less & less. not that you likely care, but perhaps you'd like to know the non-nice vibes you're giving off.

unfair. which diver is diving a single & wetsuit & point-n-shoot? and has a sausage dangling? and a reg hose in a big messy loop?

BabyDuck, please leave my dangling sausage out of this.

Which diver in the following picture is more streamlined?

14b5f2a.jpg

Merry Christmas Bob

Given the conditions that each diver is facing, diver 1.

Context is important.

Given the conditions that each diver is facing, diver 1.

Context is important.

I dive with a similar set up in the Northeast Atlantic, add a wreck reel and a catch bag and swap out the dive skin for a 7mm SemiDry and heavier gloves. Visibility ranges from about a foot or less to about 25 feet on an exceptional dive.

when you dive doubles, drysuit, and big ass camera, post a pic. until then, it's no use comparing.

I dive with a similar set up in the Northeast Atlantic, add a wreck reel and a catch bag and swap out the dive skin for a 7mm SemiDry and heavier gloves. Visibility ranges from about a foot or less to about 25 feet on an exceptional dive.

when you dive doubles, drysuit, and big ass camera, post a pic. until then, it's no use comparing.

What BabyDuck said... and she also covered some of the things that you could streamline better in your config, if that interests you. I know given I have a new setup, it's interesting to see how people set up their gear as I am still working out bits of mine. Even just little things that others have suggested such as swapping my computer to bungee mount one so the straps don't stick out, as well as getting a shorter inflator hose as my other one dangles too much, it's not something I get uptight about, I appreciate the feedback. Other people here have a great deal more experience than you, and might be worth listening to.

BabyDuck, please leave my dangling sausage out of this.

Why? Danglies aren't streamlined. Neither is that huge loop of hose over your right shoulder. Neither is that long inflator hose hanging down off your BCD. And what's that thing strapped to your back ... an air mattress?

I realize you're incapable of admitting that you don't know what you're talking about, but ... seriously ... you're an advertisement for exactly what Gray brought up in the initial post in this thread.

Well done ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Why? Danglies aren't streamlined. Neither is that huge loop of hose over your right shoulder.

I realize you're incapable of admitting that you don't know what you're talking about, but ... seriously ... you're an advertisement for exactly what Gray brought up in the initial post in this thread.

Well done ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thank you Bob.

I'm going to go for a hose reduction as soon as the weather clears

Back
Top Bottom