Dive Shop Loyalty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holy smokes....I think I see another quote I am going to have to save for later use....not sure if it is original with you Bob, but in my mind it is a classic!

Thanks ... not sure if it's ever been said before, but it just seemed appropriate to the occasion ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I heard from the owner today. He said HE was going to pay for the pool time and instructor to do the check, and we needed to be prompt.

In other words: 'Yes you were right, but I want you to think I'm doing you a good turn'

It is quite likely I will take my business to the other shop after I finish my cert.

I heard from the owner today. He said HE was going to pay for the pool time and instructor to do the check, and we needed to be prompt.

In other words: 'Yes you were right, but I want you to think I'm doing you a good turn'

It is quite likely I will take my business to the other shop after I finish my cert.

Sound like that is what he is implying It should have been resolve the first time you called him. It seems like he is trying to put some obligation on you to do future purchases from him because he is doing you a good turn. But I think he may have lost a customer with this incident.

Well glad it worked out for you, good luck on your cert.

So no matter what he would have done he was going to lose a customer???? Too sad! And do you even know for what??? Lets see, does whats right = Losses customer!

So no matter what he would have done he was going to lose a customer???? Too sad! And do you even know for what??? Lets see, does whats right = Losses customer!

For what? For being jacked around in the first place, that's for what. And the owner didn't seem too apologetic about it.

I guess you think "does whats right" = providing the service you were paid to provide. Maybe he has lost a customer in the long run, maybe he hasn't. But he certainly hasn't provided the kind of service that deserves "loyalty".

[Note: the words in quotes are words you actually said.]

So trial by abstinencia? We should get the rope and find a sturdy tree!

For what? For being jacked around in the first place, that's for what. And the owner didn't seem too apologetic about it.

I guess you think "does whats right" = providing the service you were paid to provide. Maybe he has lost a customer in the long run, maybe he hasn't. But he certainly hasn't provided the kind of service that deserves "loyalty".

[Note: the words in quotes are words you actually said.]

Reefhound, I would not sweat it. Some poster are so single vision that they do not see what is really going on, they love the LDS system that they believe they can do no wrong. :rofl3:

Guess some ppl do not mind paying for horrible service. Or some are so supportive of the LDS system that they push a horrible system that is on it's last leg.

The shop owner implication that he is doing her a good turn is bull, OP is the paying customer. And OP had already paid for the service that has not been completely provided for yet, so it is part of the owner's responsibility to get the situation fixed.

PS
the OP paid for 3 pool session, and only used 2, so there should not have been an issue to go in the pool for the weight check.

Last edited:
So trial by abstinencia?
Not quite ... the only "trial" that counts is where the customer chooses to take his money.

There's no "absentia" about it ... every business is on trial as soon as a potential customer walks in the door. You either earn their trust, or you don't deserve their business.

Thing is, the other shop might not be any better ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thing is, the other shop might not be any better ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob you have an excellent point.

That why I would recommend doing additional training when on vacation, the dive center at vacation resorts are way more helpful and treat customers better.

So without the other side you don't know what the OP was supposed to get? Maybe he was supposed to get three pool sessions based on a number of people in order to get skills down? Then the pool schedule changed or there where less people and he got more attention than normal? Point being he signed up to learn SCUBA, did he? What about the other side, oh ya we don't care! Yes we do we want all internet and big box stores! I love it when people attack business and know nothing about it! Lets blame big oil and Bush for this one too! Come on it's popular! :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom