Dive Rite Sliding D Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba127

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is anyone using Dive Rite Sliding D Rings with side mounted aluminum 80's? If so, could you please post a review. I'm using X Deep Sliders but, at times, having some issues moving them during the dive. Looking for something that slides a little easier. Thanks in advance.

Is anyone using Dive Rite Sliding D Rings with side mounted aluminum 80's? If so, could you please post a review. I'm using X Deep Sliders but, at times, having some issues moving them during the dive. Looking for something that slides a little easier. Thanks in advance.

I normally dive steels but used the DR sliding D rings with AL80s for full cave in MX last month, as well as a few dives at home before class. They seemed to move fine. I don’t have experience with any other type, though.

I use them for stages and for my Choptima. I don't have any issues with them. They're little tough to get threaded on but move easy when wet and stay in position.

I have used mine on the Xdeep Stealth harness and it works well! A little hard to move if not done with the correct technique, I find wiggling it near the base and making sure the d-ring is perpendicular with the webbing allow it to slides the easiest. Also threading initially onto the harness is hard especially if you did not burn/trim the end well. I found it easiest to just take the waist band off and thread it from the back where the end of the webbing was cut and burned from when the harness was made.

I use them with AL80s when I am sidemounting in Mexico. I have been pleased with them.

I am using them with a stealth harness. Easy to move and stay in place

Hello,

I am using the „original“ xeep o-rings with steel and AL80 on the xdeep. No, problem to move them and the stay in place. With my Razor, I am using Apeks clone. Perhaps a little bit easier to slide forward. I also tried the ones mentioned by grantctobin. I didn‘t like them too much.

Tecline offers a buckle with a d-ring. If you are small you might to consider these.

Alternatively, use fixed d-rings.

Best wishes Jens

Back
Top Bottom