Do I need sliding D-rings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I've used LP85s in the salt water they did not need reclipping. On the drop Ds the whole dive.

I recommend the Dive Right sliding Ds. Stainless Steel Sliding D-Ring - Dive Rite

If you'r going to be changing cylinders or gasses regularly you will have to adjust you'r fixed Ds every time.

For me, LP85s stay negative, but they do get lighter and the bungees pull them up, so they need adjusting. Put He in them and they practically dive like 80s of air.

Brand matters, Worthington 85s dive like lead bricks.

Alternatively have 2 D-rings if diving with ali80s: the high one for when it's full, and the lower one for when it's getting floaty and you pull it down. It's kind of one or the other. When it floats, unclip from the top (i.e. close to your back) and clip on the lower D-ring (i.e. closer to your front)
This doesn’t work if you’re using a bungee to hold the top/valve in place. And the bungie style is the very best choice.

This doesn’t work if you’re using a bungee to hold the top/valve in place. And the bungie style is the very best choice.
Funny, it works for me and everyone I know...

If it works for you...

However, many people like to attach the cylinders at the top and bottom with clips so they can be picked up and walked around prior to diving and are easier to put on. The bungee loop goes on afterwards. Also much easier to control when getting out of the water. It's much easier in cold water too.

But then that works for me...

Are you saying loop bungees, AL80s, and reclipping to front Ds doesn’t work?

Isn’t that how basically everyone in Mexico does it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom