Dive Rite Slide Lock reel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m a big fan, I like the one handed operation and have never had them unlock accidentally. Mine have a shackle style bolt snap which is far superior to a double ender. I’m sure you would be happy with any higher end sidewinder style reel, there are tons of choices available. 250ft minimum for wreck diving.

Lol believe it or not I blame Chris. If you get out there it’s tied off at the base of the wreck below the tie in. We were already running late and I didn’t have much time to look.
Hell yeah, I blame Chris too.. for just about everything really!

I like mine. I had it comes loose twice, but that is less often than I've had thumb screw reels come loose.

I also dislike the switch to the double ender though I understand why. I just tie a bolt snap on the loop hole with some cave line.

This thread has reminded me I need to order some plastic thumb screws...this one is stainless and not happy with the dissimiliar metal thing.

FWIW I really like the reel, but I don't ever want to turn around and think that I've been attacked by Peter Parker again.

slide lock.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom