Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did a Venice dive (just one) for the first time in ages.

Viz was 6-8' with some drift algae out toward the boneyard at right about high tide. Dead calm when I went in and getting choppy when I came up. Computer craped out one me so no temp but I didn't wear a wet suit and didn't get cold (I have nice layer of fat though. :) ). It was not as clear as I had hoped but it was still great to get out even though I didn't find much.

Decided to go for it and did two dives today.
1: Service Club. 9:45 AM. 18'-23'. Visibility 6-10 foot, overall very nice. Temp:82
2: Service Club. 1:00 PM 18-22' Visibility 4-8 foot decreasing.
Water looked great in the AM, despite West wind blow yesterday. Finds: lots of small stuff, one meg (80% of it at least), 3 hemis. Brought two newbies who loved it.

todays vis 4-6 feet
water temp 78 on surface 81 on bottom
flat calm sea conditions with the East winds
made for nice cool breeze......

everyone found megs on boat today was a great day to be on the water should hold for the weekend...

Did S.Brohard around 9:00 am. Incoming tide, winds initially were SE then switched around to NE. Viz about 6 - 8 ft. Some drift algae around the blocks but not a whole lot.

Did 3 kayak dives Sat.... Alhambra area and south of there (boneyard). Viz actually seemed worse further out (but still good). Probably averaged 5 ft in areas I was in further out. Opened up to about 6-10 ft as I came in more. Seems like new areas are opening up. Tried some areas that never produced (last year) and found some stuff (posted). Computer still broken, but went without wetsuit and felt good. Wind was calm in morning/picking up in afternoon (out of East'ish). No waves to speak of (1ft or less). Bit of a current though. Good hunting to all.

IF anyone has been diving around the pier would be curious about conditions/posts... (even if done in past). Silt? Finds? Etc...

Did the park just north of the pier. Went in around 9:30. Water temp 80, high tide, viz was generally 8 - 10 ft. It would drop to about 5 - 6 ft when over soft bottom. Silt is still there but seems to be abating a bit.

06-05-11 Alhambra and Service Club

No computer today so not sure on the temps. very comfy in 3mm shorty for two dives.
First dive seas were flat as can be. Viz was in the 6-8 foot range at 16-18 fsw. Moderate
amount of particles in water but a good dive. Second dive at Service Club and the viz was
a bit better maybe 10-12 in some spots. Stayed in 15-17 ft and cruised the rocks-reef to
the north a bit, a great dive ! There was an incoming tide mid morning and early afternoon.

Did Alhambra this morning. Winds were east initially, then died down & then turned west. Incoming tide, temp was 82 at the surface & 80 on the bottom. Viz was about 7 - 9 ft. Max depth 19 ft.

06/07/11 Service Club and S. Brohard

late morning early afternnon. light winds from east at start of day. seas very flat for first dive and less
than 1 foot for second dive. temps at service club 83 degrees with viz in the 6-8 ft range at depth of 18-20 ft.
temps at s. brohard 84 degrees with viz a bit better at 8-10 ft in depths from 12-16 fsw. found what might be
a fossil at s. brohard. looks like a piece of slate and about 6" long 2" wide and 3/8" thick, will post a picture to see
if it is a fossil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom