Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I should title this "I got up for this?"

Alhambra area... KAYAK diving... Was 11am, but seemed like night (stone crabs out in the open... !)...

Winds... 7+ going mainly east-ish
Water temp: GREAT (no hood... ready to lose the suit!)
Viz... about that... no real viz... Bottom torn up (so maybe finds in future?) but dove with dive light and that was about only area I was seeing... really expected better, but best was 2 dark feet and mainly about 1. Sorry... what happened....???

Also, major silt over areas... along with snot... Felt like I was in CO over winter!

Through some divine interventions found a couple of megs and vert bigger than my fist... will try to post later....

Keep viz reports going if you go out.... can't depend just on weather/swell info... strange out there....

Was going to go out this morning off Venice beach but heard from a friend who was out yesterday that he only had 18 inches of viz at best. Maybe by this weekend it will be better?

had 2-4' on tue... gotta hit the top of high tide for best viz.. when the tide changed we had about 1' .... dooable tho... found a bunch of cool stuff!!!!

5/8/11
Service Club
Time 8:45 am
Winds E <5
Seas <1'
Water Temp 80
Vis 4+ at the first reef line then dropped 0-2' til 20' depths then opened up 5'-6'
Finds no big teeth a nice lower hemi and the usual small stuff
tried to bring back a few sea biscuts but they didn't make the trip in

Had 4'-6' of viz today.. :D Found a few teeth.. silt on bottom almost absent!! Temp: Very Very comfortable!:wink: pics on pic page!

5/11/11
South Brohard Park
Time: 5:00P
Temp: 81°F
Vis: Ranging 3'-7'
Wind: From N @ 5kts
Surf: 2'

Didn't find much, but we stayed pretty close to shore, only went down about 10'-15'. Hoping to find where the sharks teeth are at this weekend if I can get out.

Last edited:
we had 3-4' @ 25fsw temp 79 on surface 77 on bottom.. lots of whale snot... better viz on harder bottom 4-6'

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom