Dive Operator Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I picked "Dive with Martin" and was VERY happy! I paid $200 cash for 10 tanks, and received a night dive and free video. I received the extra discount since I had my own equipment, and donated a full suitcase of new or nearly new clothes to his children's charity. I do that every time I travel, and didn't do it for the discount, but it was nice to be rewarded.
Sandi

We normally tip using USD. This is because the dollar is worth more than the pesos.
$10 = ~ 11.8 pesos.
That extra bit doesn't make much of a difference to us, and I'd rather see the working people get anything extra, as they deserve it.

But we will usually pay for our dives - food also - in pesos. Giving the businesses what they are charging.
You'll find that many places just use a 10:1 ratio to change USD:pesos.
The dive shop we use works that way and they don't care which money you use to pay. I've heard that some shops do the math and get particular.

cozudiver:
We normally tip using USD. This is because the dollar is worth more than the pesos.
$10 = ~ 11.8 pesos.

$10 = ~118 pesos.

Dive Paradise is a great choice, they have the most dive boats available. I've dealt with the owner, Apple, several times and they go out of their way to keep divers happy.
Give them a try...you won't be disappointed. However, there are several very good operators in Coz. Check them out by doing a search on this board

ggunn:
$10 = ~118 pesos.

Yup.

Anyone remember before nuevo-pesos when the exchange rate was like $1 = 3000 Pesos? Don't remember all the bill denominations but you felt like a tycoon running around with 50,000 & 100,000 peso bills in your pocket. It was weird.

gedunk:
Yup.

Anyone remember before nuevo-pesos when the exchange rate was like $1 = 3000 Pesos? Don't remember all the bill denominations but you felt like a tycoon running around with 50,000 & 100,000 peso bills in your pocket. It was weird.

Certainly. I have a couple of huge denomination (worthless) old bills on my dresser at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom