Dive Operator Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Sharky60 I e-mailed DWM twice and have not heard back from them. How about you bug them for me. I got Christi to resond but she was booked for all of Nov, Bummer.
Bobber sorry about jumping in on your thread.
Randy

I'd avoid Cozumel Equalisers myself. Check out my review of them in June, dive boat turning up late, running out of gas between dives and having to get it ferried from the shore, having to take a taxi to the hotel when they did a 3rd dive and didn't want to drop us off at the Barracuda again, Darwin never being available.

sharky60:
DWM excepts only cash but his prices are the cheapest I've found on the island, my wife and I dove for 6 days, 2 tank dives each day and with a 10% discount I think our bill was around $475! plus we got a free night dive and a free video out of it.
Good DM'S, good prices, 8 or less to a boat, they have nitrox and magnum tanks I do believe. visit his website www.divewithmartin.com for more info, if you e-mail him he'll get right back to you.
I looked at his website and it says that 5 days of 2 tank dives is $250 (and that includes the cash discount). When were you there, and do you need to ask for more off? I would like to dive for 6 days as well. Thanks.

DrSteve:
I'd avoid Cozumel Equalisers myself. Check out my review of them in June, dive boat turning up late, running out of gas between dives and having to get it ferried from the shore, having to take a taxi to the hotel when they did a 3rd dive and didn't want to drop us off at the Barracuda again, Darwin never being available.

In their defense, I've gotta say that I dove with Equalizers for 10 years (I only switched to Blue Angel this last trip because of their connection with Caribe Blu - they gave me a deal I couldn't refuse) and I never experienced anything like the negative stuff that you relate.

ggunn:
In their defense, I've gotta say that I dove with Equalizers for 10 years (I only switched to Blue Angel this last trip because of their connection with Caribe Blu - they gave me a deal I couldn't refuse) and I never experienced anything like the negative stuff that you relate.

LOL that's what several people on our dive boat also said - "Dived with Darwin for years, but this is the last time." Have you ever been out on a dive boat and had it run out of gas? The only good thing about Equalisers was the one DM - Audrey.

DrSteve:
LOL that's what several people on our dive boat also said - "Dived with Darwin for years, but this is the last time." Have you ever been out on a dive boat and had it run out of gas? The only good thing about Equalisers was the one DM - Audrey.

LOL? I don't see what's funny.

I'll keep my impression built over 10 years of good experiences over one anecdotal incident. Obviously, I wasn't there, but I've been around boats all my life, and one thing I know is that s**t happens that's not necessarily anybody's fault.

Last time I checked running out of gas on a dive boat was the fault of the dive operation. Just like when my wife's car ran out of gas, it was her fault.

I'm glad you enjoyed diving with Darwin. I'm exercising my choice to go elsewhere.

ggunn:
LOL? I don't see what's funny.

I'll keep my impression built over 10 years of good experiences over one anecdotal incident. Obviously, I wasn't there, but I've been around boats all my life, and one thing I know is that s**t happens that's not necessarily anybody's fault.

DrSteve:
Last time I checked running out of gas on a dive boat was the fault of the dive operation. Just like when my wife's car ran out of gas, it was her fault.

What did you check? Do you know, for example, that there was not a prob with an engine which caused it to guzzle gas? Unlike on your wife's car, there is no gas gauge on the typical small Coz dive boat. Do you know, for example, that the guy whose responsibility it was to fill up the tank even works for the dive op?

You are certainly within your rights to take your business wherever you want for whatever reason you want, but to hammer a dive op as "bad" on a public forum (and to try to steer business away from them) for something as trivial as running out of gas, when you don't really know everything that contributed to the incident seems (to me) a bit, well, extreme.

LMFAO. You made your choice and I'm making people aware of what my future choice is and *why*. I know enough about boats and enough about the situation (I was there remember, it's not anecdoatal) to know that it was pure and utter negligence. The same way that putting us in a taxi (at our expense) because they "didn't have time" to drop us off where they picked us up was bad service.

ggunn:
What did you check? Do you know, for example, that there was not a prob with an engine which caused it to guzzle gas? Unlike on your wife's car, there is no gas gauge on the typical small Coz dive boat. Do you know, for example, that the guy whose responsibility it was to fill up the tank even works for the dive op?

You are certainly within your rights to take your business wherever you want for whatever reason you want, but to hammer a dive op as "bad" on a public forum (and to try to steer business away from them) for something as trivial as running out of gas, when you don't really know everything that contributed to the incident seems (to me) a bit, well, extreme.

Hey Gordon, what was Dave saying about his competition? I will be diving with Aldora in several weeks. DWM could not accomodate us for all days so I checked with Christi and she could not either. Everyone is busy. Called Aldora and they could so will be diving with them for this trip. Should be interesting. Just interested in what Dave was saying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom