Dive Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$5.00 per tank is a very good tip. I figure a start point for tips at 10% (about $6.00 for 2 tanks) and then increase it for above average service. I don't demand or require much "service" as I perfer to handle my own gear. They would have to be pretty bad not to get the basic tip. I have not seen any that bad yet in 13 trips.

Enjoy.

$5 per tank for the crew, more if you feel the dive have been worth it, but that's the norm. I belive the crew will split all that is collected that day. I usually try and bring either 2 $10 bills for the day or 4 $5 bills so it makes it easier for them to split it up. At the end of the week if we have had really good dives, on the last day, I'll give extra for everyone and to be honest, I can't remember having a bad crew with any of the dive ops I've used.
if the owner is on the crew for the day, yes, same deal, they are working for a living also and the owner will probably work extra hard for you because they want to keep your business and get referrals, so why not tip them. face it everyone in Mexico could use the money and all those folks are working hard to make sure your vacation is a good time, so DON'T BE CHEAP!!!!!

Have a great trip and happy diving

Please, you guys, let's not let this degenerate into a political mudfight. I get plenty enough of it from other quarters.

Peace,

I hear that. Dude asks about tipping and we have a battle over US and CAD monetary policy?? Perhaps I should start a thread on "The effects of Globalization on you and your LDS". I guess it's only November 4th.

Point taken,
I am a little touchy regarding ecomonic theory and politics.

As for tipping in CZM, I usually tip in the range of $5-10 per tank. When diving on multiple days with the same op, I still try to tip on a daily basis.

dnhill

Sorry, I didn't intend to start a US$ vs Cnd$ thing. Lasst time I dived with a Canadian operator, I had Cdn$ in my pocket, so I gave them 30% more.

I like to tip every day - rather than leaving them wondering if I'll reward for good services. Seems to help, too.
:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom