Single tank morning dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could pay for 2 tank and bail at SI and taxi back to Villa. Aldora SI at Playa Palancar as do some others. I WOULD be an expensive 1 tank dive but Happy wife = Happy life

Lo siento, single tank trips really just don't exist. Some big operation out of a resort MAY return to the dock between dives......

Scuba with Tony and Dive with Martin leave marina Fonatur the earliest at 7:30 and are back about 12:30.

Puntasur divers does some very early morning dives also - like before the sun comes up dives. I'm not sure if he does just one tank or two - very good people to dive with.

I'll be staying North of town at the Villa Aldora. I realize this is far from the dive sites so that's why I'll be renting a car to be able to get down to the Southern hotels. Aldora Divers runs out of my hotel, but since it's a longer run South to the dive sites, it makes for a longer day and they don't do morning single tank dives. Many of the dive charters seem to do single tank afternoon dives, but not in the morning. As far as shore diving goes, I understand it's mostly rubble and you don't see any of the big sponges, gorgonians, etc. that you get out on the reefs.
Scheduling a single tank morning boat dive from a northern accommodation is going to be difficult to impossible, IMO. I think it's time to formulate a Plan B.

Scheduling a single tank morning boat dive from a northern accommodation is going to be difficult to impossible, IMO. I think it's time to formulate a Plan B.
That's why I'm renting a car so I can have the flexibility to go wherever. We chose Villa Aldora for the snorkeling right in front of it, but also because it's a short walk into town. The Southern hotels down around the marine park would be a much longer walk in the heat. I'd be willing to drive South to meet a charter down there for 7:30 or whenever. Basically, the question was weather any charters do single-tank morning dives and it seems like they don't.

That's why I'm renting a car so I can have the flexibility to go wherever. We chose Villa Aldora for the snorkeling right in front of it, but also because it's a short walk into town. The Southern hotels down around the marine park would be a much longer walk in the heat. I'd be willing to drive South to meet a charter down there for 7:30 or whenever. Basically, the question was weather any charters do single-tank morning dives and it seems like they don't.
The southern hotels are 15-20 miles south of the northern hotel zone, so yes, they would be a much longer walk, indeed. It sounds like a whole lot of time, trouble, and expense to me, in any case. If you want to dive in the morning, a two tank dive is what you'll do; it's almost certainly what you will pay for, anyway, plus whatever your ground transportation would cost. I think that by the time you figure in how long all that traveling would take, I think that it would be close to the same as you would spend on a two tank dive if they picked you up and dropped you off at Villa Aldora. Time for Plan B.

Dressle Divers at Iberstar goes back between dives for sure. I don't know if you can only pay for 1 dive. I don't know if you can use them if not staying there. They are far South closest to reefs

Ask them for the pricing on line.. If I remember correctly you buy 'x' amount of dives, and you can probably do single dives.
They always came back between the two dives when we were there.

I just stayed at the Aldora in May and my wife and I used the tanks and weights to go right out front. We did this a few times for an afternoon dive and a couple of night dives. I have also snorkeled that whole shoreline from a very nearby condo over the last few years many, many times. There is some current but it has never really been an issue. This has been at different times of the year as well. Just hug the shoreline and you will be fine. And… actually it’s pretty decent diving considering your not out on a reef 15 miles away. The night snorkel/dives are even better.

Ask them for the pricing on line.. If I remember correctly you buy 'x' amount of dives, and you can probably do single dives.
They always came back between the two dives when we were there.
When you buy X number of dives, are they single tanks or do they mean two tank dives?

When you buy X number of dives, are they single tanks or do they mean two tank dives?
I believe it was singles because some folks preferred to sleep in and others were doing both dives. Best to check. They are usually quite responsive, Although someone in Spain will typically answer on Spanish time.

We went at a time where there were lots of groups and I remember it was not a finely tuned machine like we’ve seen in Cayman and elsewhere .. but hey, might have improved lately and could have just been an off week. Drift diving in Cozumel was a blast.

Nathalie wrote up our trip on her blog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom