dive computers advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read manuals, it's part of my job description. Download from CYANO 시아노 and see for yourself.

Thanks @dmaziuk

I read through the manual, what was I supposed to learn by that exercise? So you can choose Great, Normal, or Poor, for conservatism of a proprietary Buhlmann algorithm that nobody knows the specs for. Sounds like PZ+. etc.

The perdix is worth every penny.
I personally love the AI.
My backup perdix is non AI.
You can find the non AI used for 650-800 cad. All day long on BC divers buy and sell.

You asked about choosing Great because you are excellent, I provided the source reference. I never claimed I had any idea what it means.

right now i dive with a i 300 aqualung and it seems to be pretty accurate and i like it for the most part but hard to read in dark waters so looking at led computers .the shear waters are very nice but costly but i noticed liquivisions are quite reasonable in price now .a guy who i dive with has the kaon and says display is nice but a real battery killer . i Ii ke it cause i can read his display from a few ft back when i cant even read mine on my own wrist .would you spend the extra money and buy the shearwater that takes normal AA or save about 4-5 hundred (canadian)and spend the money on batteries after .thoughts?

Use a torch?

Some non backlight computers are luminous, you point a torch at them for a second or two and they remain glowing for a while afterwards.

Use a torch?

Some non backlight computers are luminous, you point a torch at them for a second or two and they remain glowing for a while afterwards.
i tried that but the flame wouldnt ignite under water .lol no i do use a light it just more convenient just to glance and trying to convince myself i need a new computer

Have you considered any of the Oceanic Pro Plus models? They're not constantly backlit but press the button once and the screen illuminates blue. I'm not certain about the Veo (wrist mount) but I would assume it's the same. My brother-in-law dives the Veo but I can't remember if it's backlit or not.

$_1.JPG

Here's the Veo 3, which apparently is backlit, too. The Veo 2 can be had for about $300 USD ($400 CAD)

i300_gry-blk_side-247x300.png

Have you considered any of the Oceanic Pro Plus models? They're not constantly backlit but press the button once and the screen illuminates blue. I'm not certain about the Veo (wrist mount) but I would assume it's the same. My brother-in-law dives the Veo but I can't remember if it's backlit or not.

View attachment 514292

Here's the Veo 3, which apparently is backlit, too. The Veo 2 can be had for about $300 USD ($400 CAD)

View attachment 514293
thats the aqualung i300 and i have that one poorly backlit other than that it works fine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom