DIVE COMPUTER RECOMMENDATION

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s awesome! I think it’s a great first computer, especially when you don’t have to pay for it. :D
lol true! I will spending more money on diving. I am really new to this industry, do you have some suggestions on keeping your training cost down?

lol true! I will spending more money on diving. I am really new to this industry, do you have some suggestions on keeping your training cost down?

I think you get what you pay for when you go through the proper channels. If you are unprepared or improperly taught or not at all, it can result in injury or death. With that said, there are different organizations that vary in price. Don’t go with some random person who says they will teach you unless they have gone through the proper channels of being an instructor themselves. Organizations and standards are there for your benefit. Safety is paramount.

However it's 2 years old, more than the computer being "locked" (and with not removable battery you cannot even try to force it off...), I was pretty disappointed about the assistance (mail only service, no phone numbers, unanswered email) ..they even asked the customer to ship the product back at their expense, try with Sharewater, they always reply almost instantly and with top notch assistance.
They may have improved during this two years and it could be just a coincidence, so I won't have a definitive opinion, until I will have the possibility to try it myself.

1. No issues whatsoever with mine at all.

2. I have been communicating with Ratio for over a year before I bought it and have communicated with them after I bought it and no issues with email exchanges even when I asked a million questions with lots of follow up emails from me. They even produced a video when I asked about the O2 analyzer. Replies are usually within 24 - 48 hours.

3. I haven't had to deal with shipping back anything to them. Most mfg. will require you to ship the product back to them anyways. I deal with other mfgs. and that's their policies. It sucks for far away places but that seems the norm here.

It's the "round watch size" feature that would limit your choice, otherwise I would have said Perdix AI (there's really nothing else that comes near to it.. especially about the reliability).

So.. watch type, there's the Suunto D4i NEW, Suunto D6i NEW, Suunto DX, Scubapro Mantis "M2".

If I was you, I would reconsider the size... said by one who get used to use watch type computers (including the Mantis M2) and never looked back when I switched to the Perdix AI.[/QUO
Hello folks,
New diver here who wants to find his very first dive computer. I did my research, but still cannot decided. Please help me to narrow down one. I do wish my dive computer has features below:
1. multiple air mode
2. 100-150meters depth
3. digital compass
4. wet activation
5. safety stop (sound or vabriation)
6. bright screen
7. ascent and descent rate (especially descent rate, helps me to control my descent speed so that I won't have ear pain. Even though I tried my best to equalize, it still hurts if I descent too fast)
8. AI ( is it really important)
9. round watch size
10. easy to operate
I have few candidate: Oceanic Atom 3.1( I see a lot of divers recommending this one on here), Suunto D6i Novo Stealth (this one does not have descent rate), and Garmin MK1 ( I really like this one, all the features I need are in this computer and I can also wear this one daily as a smart watch, HOWEVER this one does not support AI). I know, I cannot get a computer that has all my desires, but I do need your opinions.
Personally I'd prefer an advanced one at the very beginning rather than upgrade (please tell me if I am wrong)
Thank you so much!!!!!
scuba pro g2 my choice

Curious what the need is for descent rate. I have not seen a computer that had it nor have I looked for it before. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom