Dive computer battery and o-ring spec's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently bought a bagful of rings for my Oceanic PDCs. Now you folks have me concerned about how good they may be.

Do you know what kind you got?
I used to think o-ring is o-ring, they are all rubber. But one incident made me think twice, actually ask twice. I had a box full of o-ring all size for cheap. Had them for years but didn't have any use for them. Once, I took some out ready to use them in my backyard. I left them in the sun for couple hot summer days. When I was ready to use them, I stretched them to test and surprisingly I snapped almost 50% of them. Well, I stretched them a little too hard, but still I expect them to be better than that.

Do you know what kind you got?
I used to think o-ring is o-ring, they are all rubber. But one incident made me think twice, actually ask twice. I had a box full of o-ring all size for cheap. Had them for years but didn't have any use for them. Once, I took some out ready to use them in my backyard. I left them in the sun for couple hot summer days. When I was ready to use them, I stretched them to test and surprisingly I snapped almost 50% of them. Well, I stretched them a little too hard, but still I expect them to be better than that.

The bag has a sticker on it that says OCEANIC part no. 2.026K Qty: 12

I recently bought a bagful of rings for my Oceanic PDCs. Now you folks have me concerned about how good they may be.

Do you know what material they're made of? Is there a shelf life expiration date printed on the package? Either way, they're probably just fine. Look them over for dry rot. If you want to sacrifice one to Poseidon-squeeze, stretch, fold spindle, and mutilate it and look for cracks and crumbs.

Thanks @couv, I'll do that.

No, nothing about material but they look exactly like the orings that came with my computers in the first place

Scubapro DC-12
CR2430 1 each battery
-023 o-ring 1 each

US Divers/AL Matrix
CR 2032 2 each batteries
-023 o-ring 1 each

For any TUSA IQ900 Zen owners out there, the o-ring appears to be 023. Anyway, I’ve just ordered some so will update this post once confirmed! It also takes a CR2430 battery.

So after looking at every page on this post and seeing many others asking for o-ring info on their equip.; was there ever an answer to the orig.post ( I might of missed it ) for the size & type of o-ring for the Oceanic VTX transmitter ? I would like to keep a spare or 2 with me without buying the whole expensive kit. Thank you in advance.

So after looking at every page on this post and seeing many others asking for o-ring info on their equip.; was there ever an answer to the orig.post ( I might of missed it ) for the size & type of o-ring for the Oceanic VTX transmitter ? I would like to keep a spare or 2 with me without buying the whole expensive kit. Thank you in advance.
It's on the table linked on the first page

016 d70

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom