Dive computer battery and o-ring spec's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I don't know if this qualifies as "repair", but, instead of paying upwards of 10 bucks for a kit, we can buy most batteries for less than a buck, if we knew the type, plus an o-ring once in a while, if we knew the size.

So I go first:

• Aladin Pro, 1st generation, with no oil:
    • LS14500, soldered
    • 2-016, no lube
  • Cressi Archimede 2, IST PG 3000, Zeagle N2ition, Tusa IQ-700, Dive Rite Nitek Duo:
    • CR2032
    • 2-025, lube

Others inputs?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Table is here: https://www.scubaboard.com/community/attachments/computer-batt-o-ring-v1-5-pdf.220726/
May need updating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will add a Suunto tomorrow when I've pulled it apart :wink:

The Oceanic Data Plus uses a 2-023 o-ring and a pair of 2032 batteries. I'm fairly sure this combination is also used in the Oceanic air computers (hockey puck design) of that vintage.

In my notes, I have the Oceanic VEO xxx using a 2-026 O-ring and it does use a 2450 battery.

Excellent idea

Oceanic Data Plus 2
O-ring = 2-023
1 each Lithium Battery 1/2 AA 3.6 volts

---------- Post added December 27th, 2012 at 01:59 PM ----------

Edit:
There's an add currently running on flea bay 2X Battery Kit Oceanic Prodigy Datamax Data Plus Matrix 100 Master Dacor Omni | eBay for a battery and o-ring set for the following computers:

Datamax sport
Data 100
Matrix
Matrix Master
Data Plus
Prodigy
Dacor Omni
Genesis ReSource
Genesis source

As there is only one size o-ring shown, chances are they all take a 2-023. The batteries have CR 2032 stamped on them.

Last edited:
Here is another one for Brother Zung's collection:

I just replaced a battery for my Oceanic Pro Plus 2 and replaced the o-ring. The o-ring is a -028, probably 70 duro.

Good luck.

The Oceanic OCS takes a 2450 battery. I'm not sure how to check what size the o-ring is, but it also comes with a small amount of lube.

Benjamin,

If you can, measure the inside diameter of the o-ring and post it. We'll try to figure it out from there......thanks.

The o-ring appears to be 38.5mm or 39mm in diameter. I'll have to find a micrometer for a more accurate measurement and report back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom