Ditching the poodle jacket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's probably some law out there that states 'the chances of your delivery arriving safe, sound and on-time is inversely proportional to how much you want it'.

:rofl3:

I'll be insisting on UPS this time though.

J

Yeah, UPS costs more but seems to be a better solution, in fact, we aren't normally given any other option to Oz. Must have been too many late arrivals or no-shows.

With UPS you can track your parcel all the way on their website too so you pretty much know where it is all the time which is cool.

But the big difference between the NHS and Medicare is that the NHS covers everybody. Medicare does not

my bad, i was talking medicare in the us, not australia

Yeah, I was talking about Oz Medicare.

But isn't that the point of this new 'Obama-care', that it does cover everyone or is 'Medicare (U.S) something different to what Obama just got thru?

Yeah, I was talking about Oz Medicare.

But isn't that the point of this new 'Obama-care', that it does cover everyone or is 'Medicare (U.S) something different to what Obama just got thru?

Haha perhaps don't go there... short answer, no it does not cover everyone, and Medicare US is not like Medicare here. The bill relates to it in some parts but not the only focus. It's complicated..

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread is a hair's width from being closed for off-topic content. I've removed some name calling and personal attacks.
Please take the politics to the pub.
Thanks in advance.
Rick

I'm also very keen on right shoulder dump and right bum dump - I think that some rigs don't come with both so would be interested to hear about that.

The concept behind left side dump valves is all buoyancy functions are controlled from the left side, makes adding or dumping gas pretty second nature when you know it's always your left hand performing these actions.

D'oh, just realized I responded to an old, very tired thread. This is what happens when you skip your Monday morning coffee.

Don't fret. Your post is no older than the time it is taking for my wing to arrive. Really really.

I think I'll find it a little difficult to adjust to dumping on the left side only and haven't used my inflator dump for a couple of years in preference to my rhs shoulder dump when vertical. It's become pretty ingrained but I'll no doubt get used to it again. Not happy about the absence of shoulder dump though. Much better solution than having to raise an inflator over your head. And in terms of an additional point of failure - I reckon I could live with that additional risk :D

edit: for clarity, when horizontal have always used bum dump.

J

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread is a hair's width from being closed for off-topic content. I've removed some name calling and personal attacks.
Please take the politics to the pub.
Thanks in advance.
Rick

It appears that Rick has a direct line to Parcelforce and by virtue of him threatening to close the thread, they've FOUND MY GEAR!!!!

Cheers Rick, I'll come to you first with any further postal enquiries I happen to have :D

Here's the latest...

Date Time Location Tracking Event

29-03-2010 22:14 National Hub Sorted in hub
29-03-2010 16:42 International Hub En route to delivery depot
29-03-2010 11:50 International Hub RELEASED WITH CHARGES
11-03-2010 08:46 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING
11-03-2010 08:46 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES
11-03-2010 08:39 International Hub Arrived in destination country
06-03-2010 16:26 Delivery Agent - MIAMI Left origin country
06-03-2010 16:15 Delivery Agent - MIAMI Arrived at Outward OE
03-03-2010 19:14 Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA Collected from customer

I THINK IT'S ACTUALLY GOING TO ARRIVE!!!!

As soon as it's arrived expect photos of my naked gerbil all kitted up with Freedom Plate and Oxycheq wing. Man, I know the best things in life are worth waiting for (or was that free :confused:) but I am like a kid before Christmas.

Thanks for all the solidarity my comrades, brothers & sisters at arm(rest)s.

J

It appears that Rick has a direct line to Parcelforce and by virtue of him threatening to close the thread, they've FOUND MY GEAR!!!!

(snip)

I THINK IT'S ACTUALLY GOING TO ARRIVE!!!!

Hey, that's fantastic news! Congratulations are definitely in order... :)

I'm looking forward to your review.

Thanks for chipping in with the moral support while my kit was MIA.
Of course, my friend. :) I thought it was pretty crappy that it was MIA in the first place. Glad to hear that things are finally going to work out. I can't wait for the photos and the review.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone's gonna have to tell me how to use the multi-quote function. I can't do all this cutting and pasting anymore.
Just click on the "M-QUOTE" button below the posts you'd like to quote--on the last one use the "QUOTE" button--and they'll all appear in a pile for you to edit or add to. I'm glad you got your gear--enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom