Question Oxycheq 18# Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I won't comment on pull to dump elbows. Some like them, others don't. I have some gear with them, and some without. A choice you need to make.....

You won't know much until you take it apart....

I won't comment on pull to dump elbows. Some like them, others don't. I have some gear with them, and some without. A choice you need to make.....

You won't know much until you take it apart....

I’m personally a fan of them, but I’ve read enough of the debates on here to agree with you, some like them some don’t.

Just placed the order from Piranhas - I’ll post updates once I have the proper tools and spare parts

See this, an oxycheq 18# bladder

236 IMG_3436a.jpg

So do the same thing screw back your fittings and test for leaks

and cancel your Piranha order

@TMurrr that is for those that have a 3 piece flange separate from the bladder. I have to check again but I am pretty sure the oxycheq mach v has a welded flange. five digit serial number will take the in stock replacement bladder.

Take the bladder out

and cancel your Piranha order

Wow what am I talking about today without reading or looking at AAANYTHING

ONLY THING YOU NEED TO DO IS NOT LISTEN TO ME AND CONTINUE WITH YOUR ORDER

LIKE ANY SMART PERSON WOULD DO

You know what with the flange tool plastic NOT printed you will probably be able to just snug your fitting up

Please attempt to tighten your fitting first before pulling apart to install new as the fabric will have taken a set

and your stuff will fit great for a magnificent purchase

Great pictures you presented, the ones that I did not look at of your, earlier non welded fittings oxy wing

unlike the more recent welded one I presented up there

Eyes operations next year

@TMurrr that is for those that have a 3 piece flange separate from the bladder. I have to check again but I am pretty sure the oxycheq mach v has a welded flange. five digit serial number will take the in stock replacement bladder.

Gotcha - attached is a pic of my SN, I'm guessing this was manufactured in 2013 judging from the numbers?

Wow what am I talking about today without reading or looking at AAANYTHING

ONLY THING YOU NEED TO DO IS NOT LISTEN TO ME AND CONTINUE WITH YOUR ORDER

LIKE ANY SMART PERSON WOULD DO

You know what with the flange tool plastic NOT printed you will probably be able to just snug your fitting up

Please attempt to tighten your fitting first before pulling apart to install new as the fabric will have taken a set

and your stuff will fit great for a magnificent purchase

Great pictures you presented, the ones that I did not look at of your, earlier non welded fittings oxy wing

unlike the more recent welded one I presented up there

Eyes operations next year
haha no worries! mind if I send this thread to piranha in my "hey just kidding don't cancel my order" email that's a follow up to my "please cancel my order?" :wink:

In all seriousness, thank you for your help - I wasn't quite sure one way or another but I figured I had until tomorrow morning to cancel/not before they started filling it and charging my card
I'll for sure play with snugging up the existing fitting before I start swapping pieces. Ideally this thing just works with the right tools... but might as well stock the dive locker with spare parts

And I do have a great recommendation for a lasik eye surgeon if you're in the San Diego area

Attachments

• IMG_3842.jpg
    IMG_3842.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 27
Brand spanking new lenses mate!

Update: so this piece is cracked which would explain the leak

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 2.57.35 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 2.57.35 PM.png
    638.4 KB · Views: 23
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back