Disgusted...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OP mentioned Florida, so I'm on topic! :D :D :D

My swim in Troy today had 100 ft of vis. Would have been more except for the turtles.
Just moved to cave country last summer. Water over the wreck was barely a foot deep...how's it now?

You will LOVE that trip if weather holds up

Yeah I know. Was supposed to go in March but kept getting cancelled. Hopefully we're entering more of a summer weather pattern now. Seeing a lot of "seas 3ft or less" in the offshore marine forecast now so maybe I'll get lucky :)

Just moved to cave country last summer. Water over the wreck was barely a foot deep...how's it now?
4 or 5. If you're short, you could always climb on a turtle or two to get your head out of the water. it's fifteen minutes from the homestead.

Yeah I know. Was supposed to go in March but kept getting cancelled. Hopefully we're entering more of a summer weather pattern now. Seeing a lot of "seas 3ft or less" in the offshore marine forecast now so maybe I'll get lucky :)

I got within 15 ft of a hammerhead and 10 ft of a manta ray on my 2 trips, it's a great place to scuba.

My best recommendations:

1. Get there early
2. Try to get a bunk closer to the rear of the boat
3. When you jump in and are using the guide rope to go down, keep your entire face down in the water to keep waves from pounding you in the face

I feel the original poster's pain. Lived in Houston for almost 2 decades, diving was not spectacular. Doesn't matter how far you travel, it just does not improve. Maybe Destin? What is it, like 10-12 hour drive? Been to S.Padre, it can be as bad as Galveston. Local puddles were swampy and less and less appealing with every year.

So, I moved to Fort Lauderdale. Now I ask myself, do I want to shore dive or I want to be thrown off a boat. 5mins to the beach, 10 mins to the boat. $10 all day parking at the beach or $60 boat... And if the visibility by chance is less than 25 feet, I turn my snobby nose. There is always tomorrow.

Everyone lives where they like. If you think you live where you don't like, see if there is a physical fence with guards, if there is none, you are just kidding yourself, you are living now there where you like, cause otherwise you'd not be there. Don't be your own prisoner.

Last edited:
Come on up to Maine, Rob. It's all good up here! Yessah!

Everyone lives where they like. If you think you live where you don't like, see if there is a physical fence with guards, if there is none, you are just kidding yourself, you are living now there where you like, cause otherwise you'd not be there. Don't be your own prisoner.

The fence is the required paycheck to pay for the necessites (and wants) of life, and the guards are the employers willing to give you that paycheck.

Sorry to find out May 19 & the 26 turned out to be another bad weather day for Flower Garden. I do got lucky for booking for Jun 2. The trip is a GO :D Hopefully I get to meet some of you there tonight on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom