Disgusted...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1: I live in an RV and Florida campgrounds (family friendly ones at least) are cost prohibitive.

I see you are a USMC vet. If you happen to have retired ( or just have a DOD ID card at all) there is a RV campground in Key west on base (Sigsbee) (reasonable rates). It is a 6 month maximum stay, with 2 weeks of penalty box before being able to park there for another 6 months.

The shore diving is blah in KW, but a drive to KL will open up some shore diving. On the other hand, if you have all your own gear, reef charters are dirt cheap down there.

Heck, winter ain’t to shabby either.

Wish I could afford it :-(

It's not shore diving, but if you are looking for inexpensive tropical diving then take a look at the Blackbeards Liveaboard at the link below. You have to fly to Nassau, but it is only $995 for a full week of diving (up to 19 dives) and the price includes your accommodations, all meals, beer, wine, and rum punch. It is dormitory style living - camping at sea - but probably much better diving then your current trip.

Blackbeard's Cruises Bahamas Dive Liveaboards - Official Website

Take a look at this recent trip report for Blackbeards:

My Blackbeard's Cruise Report

Last edited:
Heck, winter ain’t to shabby either.
No. No it's not and land is cheap here. My 10.82 acres with a double-wide, a shop and two other outbuildings was right at 75K.

No. No it's not and land is cheap here. My 10.82 acres with a double-wide, a shop and two other outbuildings was right at 75K.

Can you two split this dang thread? I am already perplexed that anyone thought TX had clear water on the shore. I do NOT need posts like the above causing me to question my life choices!!!!

I gotta get a work from home gig.

There was a house in Lake City last month for sale. 3 acres, almost 4000sq ft house, big detached garage with a roofed walkway to the house...nice neighborhood...$210k. If I had the disposable income I would have pounced on it.

Can you two split this dang thread?
The OP mentioned Florida, so I'm on topic! :D :D :D

My swim in Troy today had 100 ft of vis. Would have been more except for the turtles.

The OP mentioned Florida, so I'm on topic! :D :D :D

My swim in Troy today had 100 ft of vis. Would have been more except for the turtles.

That's nuts! Granted I am still a fairly new diver but best I've seen yet was 20 ft and that was a lake in Texas...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom