Disgusted...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's nuts! Granted I am still a fairly new diver but best I've seen yet was 20 ft and that was a lake in Texas...

We have more springs here in Florida than all the other states combined. I get to swim in our aquifer, but that doesn't stop me from peeing. :D :D :D

That's nuts! Granted I am still a fairly new diver but best I've seen yet was 20 ft and that was a lake in Texas...

This is why your post about TX's issues perplexed me. If I was not tied to a geographical location, and even if money was tight and FL was more dollars, I would find an RV park in AL or Georgia just across the line. You'd be less than two hours away from multiple springs and clear-ish water ocean shore dives. (edited to add "ocean shore")

@The Chairman, the turtle addition really was uncalled for. Just sayin. :)

Last edited:
They are back down this week... there were maybe only a hundred or so. A couple weeks ago it was Animal Planet time and there were three to five hundred in there. It was crowded like I was in a turtle farm. There's an old Confederate paddle wheeler wreck right at the mouth of the Springs. That 250-year-old wood is still there and rock hard. 100 ft vis is parobably very conservative. With a secche disk, it might be even 200 plus. It's like swimming in tap water... but not Flint Michigan tap water. Even better, my well picks up the same water. It's like having your favorite bottled water on tap. I've got a blog on my homestead here: I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Hop on a boat this summer and hit some rig dives you should hit 100 ft vis. Check with Copelands in Corpus

You simply have not lived until you've spent a week on the live aboard to do the Matamoros Wall a surface interval at Reynosa Pier and a shallow dive at Eagle Pass reef.

The good thing is that your navigation skills will improve exponentially. :)

They are back down this week... there were maybe only a hundred or so. A couple weeks ago it was Animal Planet time and there were three to five hundred in there. It was crowded like I was in a turtle farm. There's an old Confederate paddle wheeler wreck right at the mouth of the Springs. That 250-year-old wood is still there and rock hard. 100 ft vis is parobably very conservative. With a secche disk, it might be even 200 plus. It's like swimming in tap water... but not Flint Michigan tap water. Even better, my well picks up the same water. It's like having your favorite bottled water on tap. I've got a blog on my homestead here: I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Dude. You know what those turtles were doing in that water, right?

Dude. You know what those turtles were doing in that water, right?
Yeah, I do, and thus my reference to "Animal Planet". In spite of that, the vis was remarkably clear! :D :D :D

You simply have not lived until you've spent a week on the live aboard to do the Matamoros Wall a surface interval at Reynosa Pier and a shallow dive at Eagle Pass reef.

Curious now how many have google searched matamoros wall, eagle pass reef and reynosa pier :rofl3:

This is why your post about TX's issues perplexed me. If I was not tied to a geographical location, and even if money was tight and FL was more dollars, I would find an RV park in AL or Georgia just across the line. You'd be less than two hours away from multiple springs and clear-ish water ocean shore dives. (edited to add "ocean shore")

I'm now looking at an RV park between Tampa and Orlando for next winter :). Short drive to either coast, lots of lakes. Plenty of stuff for my wife and son too.

Hop on a boat this summer and hit some rig dives you should hit 100 ft vis. Check with Copelands in Corpus

Not a chance. I'm a northern boy and the Texas summers get too damn hot for me. I'll be in Maine by the end of the month. Got a new 5/7 mil wetsuit for the cold water :)

I was supposed to dive the Texas Clipper last weekend but the boat had engine trouble and cancelled at the last minute.

I'm scheduled for a Flower Gardens trip on the 19th aboard the Fling. Praying for good weather because it is my last weekend in Texas for this year.

Back
Top Bottom