Discussion on cancer research drugs (Split from Rob Steward Court Case Thread)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ooops, now you've done it. Haven't you heard that vaccines are a plot by Big Pharma to make us sicker and earn them more $$$?

They are also building wheelchairs with FM radios to help soothe ailing folk.

It's boulderjohn's fault.

You missed the point. This person, an executive in the firm, explained that the firm works on the projects it does for the reason I stated. People aren't working on cancer in their garages the way Ford worked on his car. They are working on whatever their employer tells them to work on , and they aren't working on cures because working on simple life extension activities are more profitable and will not lead to the company's demise of they are successful. No one in the firm is working on the cure for cancer, so they don't have the option of publishing it or not publishing it.
So weren’t you part of the group arguing that the drug companies don’t do any research, it’s all funded by the government?

So you are saying that not a single university researcher wants to win a Nobel and become the most famous doctor in history? That doesn’t look the the university I work at.

Also there is the problem that cancer isn’t a single disease at the molecular level, it’s a bunch of different diseases that have similar symptoms.

Ooops, now you've done it. Haven't you heard that vaccines are a plot by Big Pharma to make us sicker and earn them more $$$?

Absolutely! I had a flu shot once and that winter I had flu 3 times! Have not had one before or since, haven't had a flu either.

Except that one time...

So weren’t you part of the group arguing that the drug companies don’t do any research, it’s all funded by the government?

So you are saying that not a single university researcher wants to win a Nobel and become the most famous doctor in history? That doesn’t look the the university I work at.
First of all, I didn't see they didn't do any research. Second of all, the one I mentioned is a research company that does get government grants and then sells its discoveries to big Pharma.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom