dir questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhunta

Registered
Reaction score
Why does my bladder have to be black???
Why can't I dive a steel single?
What is wrong with my full foot fins?
Why must I wear a drysuit with steel tanks?
Why must I use trimix past 100ft??

These are just a few questions about things I've heard about dir that do not make sense for my type of diving. Some of them may not be accurate, as I said, they were things I've heard.

I dive 5 days a week, two dive a day, both past 100ft. I am always open to good ideas to make my situation safer and easier, but I find no reason to adopt the things I've listed.

Thank you for your explanations.

fishhunta:
Why does my bladder have to be black???
Why can't I dive a steel single?
What is wrong with my full foot fins?
Why must I wear a drysuit with steel tanks?
Why must I use trimix past 100ft??

These are just a few questions about things I've heard about dir that do not make sense for my type of diving. Some of them may not be accurate, as I said, they were things I've heard.

I dive 5 days a week, two dive a day, both past 100ft. I am always open to good ideas to make my situation safer and easier, but I find no reason to adopt the things I've listed.

Thank you for your explanations.

If you see no reason to adpot what you have asked about, then why ask?

BTW - you don't have to have a black bladder.. Geez... :sweep:

ericfine50:
If you see no reason to adpot what you have asked about, then why ask?

BTW - you don't have to have a black bladder.. Geez... :sweep:

I only ask because these are some things that come up that I do not know the answer to. I don't know if they have any merrit, or if they are really even dir standards, so, I ask.........
I also ask because I can always improve, even if I don't adopt dir standards, I can learn why they do thing, and maybe I will adapt my diving.

No troll here, just real questions. Thanks :07:

fishhunta:
1. Why does my bladder have to be black???
2. Why can't I dive a steel single?
3. What is wrong with my full foot fins?
4. Why must I wear a drysuit with steel tanks?
5. Why must I use trimix past 100ft??

1. C'mon, be serious.
2. You can.
3. Probably made forr free-diving - not stiff enough for proper propulsion techniques(frog kick, modified flutter, helicopter turn, back kick).
4. Steel doubles + wet suit aren't good combination in case of wing failure.
5. To reduce nitrogen narcosis - you should know that.

There is already a TON of info on this, both on line and in print.

BTW you forgot "Why cant I eat meat?"

Read the previous posts. There have all been covered. Just do a search

Fill out your profile and stop trolling

Ben_ca:
Read the previous posts. There have all been covered. Just do a search

Fill out your profile and stop trolling

You must be part of the welcoming commitee....... :no:

If I ask an honest question I am trolling??? I understand that this is a sensitive topic, so I even worded myself carefully, and thanks ya'll for your responses, but according to you, I'm a troll......... :dry:

I will do a search..............I'll just skim past all the bickering to find out more.

MonkSeal:
1. C'mon, be serious.
2. You can.
3. Probably made forr free-diving - not stiff enough for proper propulsion techniques(frog kick, modified flutter, helicopter turn, back kick).
4. Steel doubles + wet suit aren't good combination in case of wing failure.
5. To reduce nitrogen narcosis - you should know that.

Thnk you for answering the question unlike others.....like I said, these are thing that people say about dir, so I'm just trying to find out why.......

I have to say, though, that I read the book and although all the gear is spelled out very clearly, a lot of the time the REASON for it is not clear. We were actually discussing this morning why it is stated that Al 80's are the only tanks for open ocean. Since we are all drysuit divers here, steel tanks make good sense for us. I couldn't state why aluminum was recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom