dir questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CIBDiving:
Well, I have seen it, more as a group action than individuals. To be fair, (and I forgot to mention this last time) the 'leader' of the DIR group always comes up, says hi and shakes my hand when we are at the same dive site. The rest of the group though is a very different story.

Yeah ... given the "clues" you provided, I suspect I know who you are referring to. Ironically (or perhaps not), most of that little group are no longer diving ...

CIBDiving:
I dove with Snowbear ( who is of a definate DIR bent) last week. Snowbear was very gracious, an exellent diver, and a good buddy - in other words a true joy to dive with. Snowbear also refused to rise to my couple of mild jabs at DIR ( although I got reminded of it :wink: ).
Snowbear is one of my all-time favorite dive buddies ... and someone I admire for a lot more reasons than just diving ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

jagfish:
Hey Fishhunta, I wonder if that was me. Aren't so many of us JUE fellows traveling the planet. I think you are the young guy who spears and collects tropicals commercially, right?

JAG

Small world man. I was wondering if you were on this board when I wrote that. Thanks for the welcome...........

lamont:
Find some DIR divers in real life to talk to. The internet is very far removed from real life.

I was approached by a friendly sort on a boat the other day. He started telling me I should look into a GUE/DIR course. While talking to him I learned a few things:

1. He said they teach you should not exceed a PPO2 of 1.2 and you should stay below that. This came up because my wife and I were playing with a sea turtle at 126 FT on Nitrox 32 (we set our computers at 1.6 so they won't beep all day, I hate that).

2. I told him I was taking an advanced nitrox course and deco procedures so I could stay at 110 - 120 feet longer (seen a few nice wrecks at this depth). He told me I should take a class called "Extended Range" for this. I said "ummm ok, thank you".

After talking to a real live DIR zen guru of the deep I just had to get the DIR fundamentals book and their pdf version of Getting Clear on the Basics manual. Interesting how the manual says they exceed the 100% daily allowance of O2 loading by several thousands of percent. Kewl...I'm gonna have to read more of this :D

DER DIR cya

Take it outside, guys....

As a reminder, the DIR forum is for asking for answers to questions about DIR diving.

2) This forum is for a free exchange of ideas concerning DIR, but it is NOT intended to limit any mention of DIR to only this forum. There are many things pertaining to DIR that will be discussed in other forums as well.
3) All the rules of the board still apply here. You don't get to harrass or call people names. Civility should rule
6) The answers in this forum are member's best attempts to answer questions within, and according the DIR diving philosophy. If you wish to give a non-DIR answer, please do not post it in this forum. If you do not wish your question to be limited to DIR answer, please ask it in another applicable forum.

So ~ since this thread is no longer answering the original questions, it's officially closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom