DIR-Fundies cert card delays...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppo2_diver:
It is true that it is the content of the course that is the most important. But it is a hard class (should be anyway) and the card is proof of a significant accomplishment. It should hold more meaning than say a PADI Master Diver card. So I can see why some people would want to have the card.

IMHO the skills you learn in DIRF should be part of PADI Open water...

Reinoud:

i totally agree and should be incorporated in every cert agencies OW program. they would still have to mail the cards though and return any emails from their respective clients:)

I got my card about 7 months after the class even though I did NOT pay for the card or wanted it, They sent it anyways. Who needs it? As far as a "symbol of my diving prowess" goes, it's DIR FUNDAMENTALS not something crazy like Cave 3

Spoon:
Guys just wanted to ask if any of the ones who took the fundies recently have had problems getting their cert cards? not a big deal, just wondering if this is normal and why me and over a dozen peeps from asia, australia and new zealand havent heard anything from Gue about it despite the numerous emails weve sent over. BTW took my course last july:)
Copy Panos on your next email...

Reinoud:
sounds great, doesn't it?
as a prerequisite to DIR-F you must be OW certified.

so, OW cert about $350.00, DIR-F about $400.00 and why not throw in nitrox at an extra $100.00
I wonder how many of you would have decided to become an OW scuba diver if your initial certification would have cost you $850.00 for the instruction only.

Interesting thread... I agree that the skills taught in the DIR-f class should be mastered by all divers. Question is how long would the course have to be to give the average non-diver from zero to DIR-f and give them a reasonable shot at passing?

True, if they were brought up right from the start they would not have developed bad habits... but... what is the average pass rate for DIR-f with certified divers? What is the typical number of logged dives that they expect you to come in with?

WetDawg:
Interesting thread... I agree that the skills taught in the DIR-f class should be mastered by all divers. Question is how long would the course have to be to give the average non-diver from zero to DIR-f and give them a reasonable shot at passing?

True, if they were brought up right from the start they would not have developed bad habits... but... what is the average pass rate for DIR-f with certified divers? What is the typical number of logged dives that they expect you to come in with?

I guess all your questions will be answered by seeing how it goes with the new gue ow class that should be available shortly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom