DIR-Fundies cert card delays...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can have mine, if you like ... I just tossed it in a drawer with all the rest of 'em ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Whether the card is needed or not, one would certainly expect the certifying agency to be a bit more together than that.

Jason B:
Whether the card is needed or not, one would certainly expect the certifying agency to be a bit more together than that.
Usually, when a card is delayed it's due to the instructor not filing the paperwork promptly (or properly) ...

... Bob

It is true that it is the content of the course that is the most important. But it is a hard class (should be anyway) and the card is proof of a significant accomplishment. It should hold more meaning than say a PADI Master Diver card. So I can see why some people would want to have the card.

I received my cave 1 card the day I passed and my cave 2 card about a day and a half later since the instructor had to go out of town the next morning. I guess it depends on the instructor and whether or not they like you :wink:

boomx5:
GUE is horrible at sending our cards! Maybe if enough people complain they will finally listen. It took me almost 8 months for my Triox card, and then about 6 months for my Tech1 card which is pretty pathetic in my opinion.

I took my Fundies in April of '04 and passed in August of '04 and still have not gotten my card.:06:
But, Like UP says, you don't need the card!

Robert Phillips:
I took my Fundies in April of '04 and passed in August of '04 and still have not gotten my card.:06:

Because of the secret handshake :D

Ben_ca:
Because of the secret handshake :D
Among other things!:wink:

Robert Phillips:
still have not gotten my card.

Again, this is from the agency that you guys think is the top of the chain yet they can't even get the paper work completed correctly.
Doesn't say much the agency in my opinion...(whether the card is needed or not).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom