DIR fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bracdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
anyone have any suggestions where to buy a good set of DIR fins? (tec fins) Would like to get a pair that have Spring Straps but I can get those separately if necessary. I already did a search but didn't find anything on the forum. I'm not a DIR diver yet but will need to have a pair by this summer.

thanks in advance.

don't be sucked into the turtles, jets or nothing mentality. Read that actualy requirement before you buy a set of fins. And there are lots of them out there that outperform the Jets and meet all the requirements.

don't be sucked into the turtles, jets or nothing mentality. Read that actualy requirement before you buy a set of fins. And there are lots of them out there that outperform the Jets and meet all the requirements.

Care to share a few, from the non-split fin world?

Dive Rite is the only one I can think of that sell them with springs included. Check out OMS slipstream, Mares quatro, scuba pro jets, aqua lung rockets, all good fins but you will need to purchase springs separately.

I like my Beachat X-Jets a lot too. I just added spring straps to them aftermarket.

Care to share a few, from the non-split fin world?

well since the DIR requirement is simply to not have any strap or buckles that can break. then there is the desire that you can use it for all diving conditions, there are tons of fins that meet this requirement.

Even if you add the other desires, that you can kick forward, backward, helicopter, flutter and frog (or modified frog). then just about any moderately stiff paddle fin does fine, and even some of the better, more flexible fins (ForceFin) also meet the requirements.

Of course there are a bunch of you that are going to flame me for saying it, but I guess I don't care

OK, I'll bite. DO Force Fins fit the bill? I ask only becasue I plan on taking DIR-F very soon, but currently dive splits (and Flip Fins for boat dives) due to major injuries of my pelvis, hip, femur, knee and ankle. I understand the Force Fins ae a bit easier on the largs, but can you do ALL the required kicks in them?

:popcorn:

don't be sucked into the turtles, jets or nothing mentality.
Oh my God! Yes, by all means, don't get sucked onto some of those! :D

I got sucked in to a set of turtles a few years back and have been happy with them. Leisure Pro has them HERE for $88.00. I read the DIY spring straps section here on SB and made a pair on the cheap which are still like the day I made them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom