DIR divers: Deviations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvilleStang:
Man, I'm getting the feeling this thing's gonna be more popular than the thread "Last person to post gets 20 bucks".

You're the one that had to go and bring up bungied wings . . .

And he's not even DIR to start with, so no foul!

PvilleStang:
Okay, so I'm diving double 95's, so a 40's a bit light for that...
Okey dokey then....I guess I'm a dead man for using 38lb wing with my double 130's LOL

JessH:
I don't think anyone is going to argue with that.
I will.

(I need to change my Avatar back to the cat.)

JeffG:
I will.

(I need to change my Avatar back to the cat.)

Yup, you look way too friendly in your pic :wink:

rjack321:
That's the Chesire cat

The cat that ate the stroke canary? :eyebrow:

JeffG:
As soon as I wrote it I knew someone would :) What I really meant was that even the DIR police will not fault him for wanting a 60# wing for heavy tanks, especially if extra bottles are in the mix. 40# might be usable in some circumstances, but I don't think that the DIR philosophy says that 60# is too much here. It says that you shouldn't use a bigger wing than you need. From what I know a 55# or 60# wing is the norm for the configuration he is using. Of course we are getting way off topic now, the fact of the matter is that his wing has bungees, and he is going to certainly die a horrible death because of them. I just really hope I am diving with him when it happens so I can have all his gear.

~Jess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom