"Different" Women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Polpessa:
There are many more men than women in this sport; just wondered if you women out there notice, or think you are somehow "different" than the majority of women, and how this "difference" manifests itself--for example are you a thrill seeker/ adrenalin junkie/ risk taker in other areas too? (Other sports? Drugs/Alcohol/Heavy partying? Adventure travel?)

Or, if you aren't more of a risk-taker than most women, then what do you think explains our disproportionately low numbers in this sport?

Great question! I am the most sensible, the safer the better, non risk taker, non adrenaline junkie I know. For me taking up the sport is born out of a sense of adventure, a love for marine life and a thirst to get up close to nature in an environment I love i.e. water. I love meeting new people who have the same interests as me. Its also about doing something where I can take a calculated risk but still be in control, and have fun doing it! I can't think why the numbers are so disproportionate? But isn't it great to have loads of lovely men around to help you get your kit on!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom