Did you upgrade your iPhone to iOS 6?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have iPhone 4S and I updated with iOS6 last night. It is really cool because it has fast and useful navigation.

Uh Oh, Google not looking to create another map app for the iPhone. Apple better get off their butts to fix that horrible map program they shoved down our throats in lieu of Google Maps!

Google says Maps not waiting in wings for iPhone 5 | Reuters

I'm still really confused what the problem is with the new maps app from Apple...I've used it pretty extensively and from everything I can see its better than the Google maps that was on previous iOS versions. Oh well, at least I'm happy with my new maps :)

-------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot/H2OBelow

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

Uh Oh, Google not looking to create another map app for the iPhone. Apple better get off their butts to fix that horrible map program they shoved down our throats in lieu of Google Maps!

Google says Maps not waiting in wings for iPhone 5 | Reuters

I'm still really confused what the problem is with the new maps app from Apple...I've used it pretty extensively and from everything I can see its better than the Google maps that was on previous iOS versions. Oh well, at least I'm happy with my new maps :)

Local maps and turn by turn/spoken directions are working great where I live. I understand other people may not be faring as well, but I've extensively tested this basically everywhere I've driven since last weekend and haven't had any problems.

The word is that Google demanded the ability to track detailed location information 24/7/365 for iPhone Maps users in exchange for "allowing" Apple to implement turn by turn directions in the iPhone Maps app. If that's true, I'm glad Apple cut the umbilical cord and did their own thing. Sorry, but Google doesn't need to know where I am 24 hours a day.

BTW, for people who upgraded but need (or think they need) Google's maps, you can still get to them from mobile Safari: Google Maps

You didn't HAVE to buy an iPhone ;-)

When I bought the iphone, Google maps was the app. Now that the upgrades are here and we like most of them, there are issues. They were clearly not ready to release the Apple version of the maps.

I guess I could always go back to the previous iOS

When I bought the iphone, Google maps was the app. Now that the upgrades are here and we like most of them, there are issues. They were clearly not ready to release the Apple version of the maps.

I guess I could always go back to the previous iOS

Ok, jar546...what is wrong with the maps? I'm not trying to be a d!ck just honestly trying to understand what is so wrong with the redesign

-------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot/H2OBelow

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

No street view
Small streets missing
lack of detail that we had with google
businesses missing that are present with google

Back
Top Bottom