Did you upgrade your iPhone to iOS 6?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iPhone all the way, yes I know it is not a computer but it searches the Internet just fine.
But you can't see the pic I posted? Okaaaaay...

Oh, I don't trust any of them. I have had Google and Mapquest try to send me down dirt roads very close to much better paved routes in my home county, suggest stupid routings, etc. I've seen Gps try to get me to turn on non-existing exits & roads, but it was probably out of date; you expect online maps to be up to date. AAA paper maps seem the most dependable, but I compare various resources on trips. I guess it would be nice to have dependable maps & info at demand, but I just don't care for smart phones overall.

Yeah I upgraded my 3GS which had JB and unlock on it (I forgot about that)
Now its a paperweight. Any iGurus out there?

I'll be updating my iPad 3 later today. I have to put it down long enough to back it up first. LOL! Supposedly Safari fixed the issue where "liking" a forum post jumped you up to the top of the page Yeah, I know, first world problem. :wink:

I'm also looking forward to trying out the new Jasmine 3rd party YouTube video player (iOS 6 only).

The Swiss clock thing is weird, what a strange thing to be able to trademark and copyright... Still, what's good for the goose is good for the gander; Apple should either pay to license it or change the hands to something different.

I'm holding off updating my AT&T-unlocked 3GS until I see how well it works out for other 3GS users. I'll be picking up an unlocked iPhone 5 soon anyway, so it's not a huge deal. I just need to figure out which to get, as it seems the Verizon iPhone 5 comes unlocked for GSM/HSPA/HSPA+ networks where the AT&T version is still SIM-locked.

:shakehead: If you search iphone 5 maps problem on google, you can find dozens of stories by various authors. Do you have a Windows PC available? :laughing:

uhhh...I was mostly being facetious in my statement about it being a google employee. Of course I have a computer (or an iPhone, or an iPad) I can search and find stories about the new maps app LOL I just like the maps app hence my sarcasm

-------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot/H2OBelow

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

A lot of people I know are going in to upgrade to the iPhone 5, and are walking out with the S3 or RAZR M instead.

I'll be updating my iPad 3 later today. I have to put it down long enough to back it up first. LOL! Supposedly Safari fixed the issue where "liking" a forum post jumped you up to the top of the page Yeah, I know, first world problem. :wink:

I'm also looking forward to trying out the new Jasmine 3rd party YouTube video player (iOS 6 only).

The Swiss clock thing is weird, what a strange thing to be able to trademark and copyright... Still, what's good for the goose is good for the gander; Apple should either pay to license it or change the hands to something different.

I'm holding off updating my AT&T-unlocked 3GS until I see how well it works out for other 3GS users. I'll be picking up an unlocked iPhone 5 soon anyway, so it's not a huge deal. I just need to figure out which to get, as it seems the Verizon iPhone 5 comes unlocked for GSM/HSPA/HSPA+ networks where the AT&T version is still SIM-locked.

I upgraded an AT&T unlocked 3GS, it's been a nice improvement.

When I upgraded my 4s, I lost ALL my contacts :banghead:

Did you not have them synced anywhere? Lesson 1: always sync your contacts (and calendar if you use such things) to at least one source. I do Google and iCloud.

A lot of people I know are going in to upgrade to the iPhone 5, and are walking out with the S3 or RAZR M instead.

All of my local AT&T & Verizon stores (I have friends in the industry) are swamped with switching people over from Android to iPhone 5. The bigger screen did it for most it sounds like. When people realize experience outweighs features, iOS wins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom