DGX design change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zef

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Was just looking at divegearexpress.com and noted that they changed the design of their wing.

In the past their wing was nearly identical in every aspect to the Dive Rite Travel wing. The design is now closer to the Apeks WTX-D30.

Just wondering if anyone knows why they changed the design?

-Z

Was just looking at divegearexpress.com and noted that they changed the design of their wing.

In the past their wing was nearly identical in every aspect to the Dive Rite Travel wing. The design is now closer to the Apeks WTX-D30.

Just wondering if anyone knows why they changed the design?

-Z

My guess is that they changed vendors.

I like their new wing better. The rollbar inside are a nice addition.

I like their new wing better. The rollbar inside are a nice addition.

I have a dive rite voyager wing and use 2 cam straps....I never had a problem with my tank rolling without those stabilizers.

I think the narrower profile is interesting from an anti-taco standpoint but I have never used a dive rite travel wing or the dgx copy that seems no longer available, so I dont know how big an issue that really is/was.

It looks like a nice piece of kit, and DGX has some very nice products and great customer service. If I was in the market for a new wing it is definitely something I would consider buying.

-Z

It looks like the Oxycheq 30 wing to me, but I would be interested if someone could confirm. I have the Dive Rite DGX wing and also have never experienced any tank roll whatsoever.

That said, this new one looks nice and has a bit more lift.

OxyCheq - OxyCheq 30# MACH V Signature Series

Is it US made? While I do appreciate the DiveRite/DGX products, if not manufactured in the US, I'd be leaning toward the VDH and OxyCheq wing. I have OxyCheq, VDH singles wings and a DR CCR for doubles. OxyCheq pricing in a little rough, and I have only gotten their wings on significant sale opportunities. The VDH has been a great product, matching the quality, and priced friendlier.

Is the vdh made in usa? Even though i have one, I never bothered to look or ask.

yes. To my knowledge, the sewing shop is in Schenectady, NY....

upload_2019-4-5_9-58-1.png

Back
Top Bottom